About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to The Chapel, an AvantStay home!
Centrally located in Downtown Charleston, just a few short blocks from the hustle and bustle of King Street, this former chapel is tucked away from the noise while remaining in close proximity to the fun. As you walk through the building's original doors, soaring 20-foot ceilings and a handsome heart pine floating stairwell greet you in the living & kitchen area. 5 bedrooms and 4 ½ bathrooms make this home ideal for sizable groups, while two separate outdoor areas provide space for everybody to congregate. Take a dip in the hot tub before dining under the stars on foods fresh off the grille. From the history to the amenities, this chapel has everything for a really unique experience.
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can savor every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team and a tech-enabled concierge to book services, such as refrigerator stocking, mid-stay cleanings, and private chefs. For anything you need (or never knew you needed), we're at your service!
Nearby Attractions: The Battery, The Charleston Museum, Upper King Street, Xaio Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen, Warehouse, Chez Nous, Josephine Wine Bar, Wildflour Pastry, College of Charleston.
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple gorgeous beaches.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed at this home. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- The hot tub, outdoor grille, and fire pit are shared between the 3 properties.
2 parking spots
Street parking available
The room configuration is as follows:
Master Bedroom / King bed w/ En-suite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Twin bed
Bedroom 4 / Queen bed
Bedroom 5 / Queen bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation property experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. To find the best value, change your family's Charleston area trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Some hosts and property managers offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Property managers frequently offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines contain money saving offers on local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
How to choose and book your prefect Charleston area rental:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation dates, and select a spending budget.
- Gorgeous Converted Chapel w/ Hot Tub in Great Location! has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before booking the vacation property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or could be applied to your agreement.
- If there's an individual Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, keep an eye out for properties that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let burglars ruin your family vacation.
- Make a record of any damages to the property at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be useful if there is a dispute.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to compel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles