About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Approximately 3000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: Hotel Accommodations Overlay #51196
Our cavernous 2nd & 3rd-floor condo combo, ‘The Marquee’, is ideal for groups of 12-16 guests (air beds can be made available upon request for additional guests) with 6 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located directly on famed and historic King Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (exterior & interior) stairs, The Marquee features two nearly identical condos stacked directly on one another, spanning the 2nd and 3rd-floors of the building. Each apartment features an open floor plan that accommodates both kitchenette and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together. Living rooms with high vaulted ceilings and gorgeous exposed wood beams and original brick walls. Conveniently equipped kitchenettes with basic kitchenware are also located on the main levels of each condo. Two master suites feature plush King Size beds with opulent linens and complete with their own full ensuite bathrooms. The four guest bedrooms are located on the main level of each condo (2nd and 3rd floors in the building), with two full bathrooms just off of the main living room and bedroom halls. Each bedroom with its own flat-screen TV and Queen sized bed in each of the four guest rooms. Comcast cable package is available in all rooms. Each unit is connected via an internal stairwell with electronic locks on all entry doors.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a two parking spaces behind the building, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do, and can direct you to the best local things-to-do such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the finest things to do and see.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston with great shopping. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Find your best deal:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. To get the largest vacation home within your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation property six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental home.
- Some property management companies offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- First and foremost, have your family choose date ranges and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. The Marquee - On King & Market, "10/10 Location Rating" has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property management company before reserving your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peace. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Re-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.1 miles
- City Market - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles