- As low as $1,374/Week
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 13
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3000 sq ft (279 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: Hotel Accommodations Overlay #51196
Our cavernous 2nd & 3rd-floor condo combo, ‘The Marquee’, is ideal for groups of 12-16 guests (air beds can be made available upon request for additional guests) with 6 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located directly on famed and historic King Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (exterior & interior) stairs, The Marquee features two nearly identical condos stacked directly on one another, spanning the 2nd and 3rd-floors of the building. Each apartment features an open floor plan that accommodates both kitchenette and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together. Living rooms with high vaulted ceilings and handsome exposed wood beams and original brick walls. Conveniently equipped kitchenettes with basic kitchenware are also located on the main levels of each condo. Two master suites feature plush King Size beds with extravagant linens and complete with their own full ensuite bathrooms. The four guest bedrooms are located on the main level of each condo (2nd and 3rd floors in the building), with two full bathrooms just off of the main living room and bedroom halls. Each bedroom with its own flat-screen TV and Queen sized bed in each of the four guest rooms. Comcast cable package is available in all rooms. Each unit is connected via an internal stairwell with electronic locks on all entry doors.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a two parking spaces behind the building, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do, and can direct you to the best local things-to-do such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the finest things to do and see.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guides with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. Keep an eye out for these magazines and discount books, as this allows vacation goers to experience the same fantastic attractions with a quite often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your vacation week? Off-peak times offer up sizeable bargains.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the range and variety of short term properties available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to find a rental home that suits their wishes and price range.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "The Marquee - On King & Market, "10/10 Location Rating"", review our brief collection of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your trip. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Town and Time
Begin by determining which specific area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the determine trip dates.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Vacation rental
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure that "The Marquee - On King & Market, "10/10 Location Rating"" fits your price range *during your desired dates*. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Will the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rentals, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak season offers your greatest chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, surrounding residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Although you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The vacation home should be in sound condition. Sinks filled with dishes, substantial sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Virtually all rental websites request feedback after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to go back? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. Maybe the rental property was not ideal, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.1 miles
- City Market - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles