- As low as $435/Night
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
- 4 bathrooms
- 7 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near laundromat
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 3000 sq ft (279 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Approximately 3000 square feet
Permit Number: 51196
The Space: Our cavernous 2nd & 3rd-floor condo combo, ‘The Marquee’, is ideal for groups of 13 with 6 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located directly on famed and historic King Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (exterior & interior) stairs, The Marquee features two nearly identical condos stacked directly on one another, spanning the 2nd and 3rd-floors of the building. Each apartment features an open floor plan that accommodates both kitchenette and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together. Living rooms with high vaulted ceilings and gorgeous exposed wood beams and original brick walls. Conveniently equipped kitchenettes with basic kitchenware are also located on the main levels of each condo. Two master suites feature plush King Size beds with opulent linens and complete with their own full ensuite bathrooms. The four guest bedrooms are located on the main level of each condo (2nd and 3rd floors in the building), with two full bathrooms just off of the main living room and bedroom halls. Each bedroom with its own flat-screen TV and Queen sized bed in each of the four guest rooms. Comcast cable package is available in all rooms. Each unit is connected via an internal stairwell with electronic locks on all entry doors.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd & 3rd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your cars off the street and into a two parking spaces behind the building, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your bags with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to savor The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities included with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to the King Street Historic Downtown!
The home is really located in the very heart of impressive historic downtown Charleston. Known as the King Street Historic District, the name says it all. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in the city’s classic appeal. We’re within walking distance to all of the main attractions on the peninsula. The home is just a couple of blocks from King & Calhoun, the heart of all the action. Here you’ll find the best stores, bars, and eateries Charleston has to offer. Some local favorites include, Kitchen 208, Millers All Day, Sweetwater Cafe, Charleston Grille, Fulton Five, The Watch Rooftop Kitchen, or Christophe Artisan Chocolatier for the most delicious chocolate almond croissant.
Interaction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip simple. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: *THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have included laundry detergent for your convenience.
*PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
*ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
*Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
*If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
*No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
*Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
*This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
*Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
*10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
*Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
*Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
*THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
This apartment is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Gibbes Museum of Art and Charleston City Market are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the very best vacation rental experience:
Finding the best rental value:
- The earlier your group can book, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Booking your rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. To book the largest rental home within budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines have discounts for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Choosing and booking the rightrental home:
- Begin by choosing a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. The Marquee by StayDuvet On King & Market! has 7 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is often available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property owner before reserving your rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds. You'll need to work out what configuration is suitable for your family.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or charges might be applied to your invoice.
- If there's a specific Charleston area beach you love, browse homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
Considerations for your stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your . Store the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible resource to find the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent reviews to propel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.1 miles
- City Market - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles