About this Property
- Sleeps 17
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3125 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: 00615-18
Eight bedrooms (two bedrooms in each unit) with a queen/king-size bed, wooden floor and TV.
Three completely-equipped kitchens (3 of the 4 units have full kitchens) with a refrigerator-freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
Four bathrooms (one in each unit), two with a sizable walk-in shower and two with a bathtub with overhead shower.
One of the living rooms complete with couch bed, and the others complete with TVs. One living room also has a breakfast bar area.
Four balconies with comfortable seating or a dining table with seating.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Charleston area rental home experience:
Get the best rental home value:
- The earlier you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation rental up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Book your rental home in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines have money saving offers on local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Finding the best vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- Start by having your family decide on trip dates and a spending budget.
- 6 blocks to King! has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, email or call the property management company before you reserve the rental. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- If your family is bringing pets, search for a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Tips to have a fantastic stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Document any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your home life. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Re-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a great stay? Most rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.0 miles
- Hampton Park - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.1 miles