- As low as $1,488/Week
- 4 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 17
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3125 sq ft (290 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 00615-18
Eight bedrooms (two bedrooms in each unit) with a queen/king-size bed, wooden floor and TV.
Three completely-equipped kitchens (3 of the 4 units have full kitchens) with a refrigerator-freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
Four bathrooms (one in each unit), two with a sizable walk-in shower and two with a bathtub with overhead shower.
One of the living rooms complete with couch bed, and the others complete with TVs. One living room also has a breakfast bar area.
Four balconies with comfortable seating or a dining table with seating.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st and 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the gorgeous and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Family Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and vacation properties provide Charleston area area promotional magazines which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the business itself. Be on the lookout for these magazines and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to discover those fantastic attractions with a sometimes substantial discounted.
- Are you able to adjust your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for financial savings. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are essentially catered to specific customers, whether it's soundside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own jetski launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the family activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Information
Some people are surprised to learn just how many properties are located in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Charleston area crew, from calm condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners mainly because they manage the promotion and operations..
Below are great tips and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right rental home:
Do you think "The Elm House by StayDuvet | 6 blocks to King!" is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Charleston area the best rental properties are booked early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before a trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plot their Summer family trips..
Pick a Town and Time
Quite often, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is simplier and easier.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Most rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It could be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single member of your company must be responsible for gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of reservation.
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental home with outside kitchen? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Does the unit have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Make a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
In some cases the elder generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party traveling with a furry companion? Even though a number of rental homes allow dogs, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Many limitations could dismiss a potential rental property. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
After the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from offering exclusive properties, local companies offer you exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read The Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular price, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "The Elm House by StayDuvet | 6 blocks to King!", along with any other fees that may be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Get Contact Details
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also recommend promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents invariably live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the rental home to make sure you've packed all personal belongings.
- When everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management company websites seek testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. How did they like the property? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning will be quick. Maybe the rental home was not perfect, and you will better recognize how to improve your search next time.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.0 miles
- Hampton Park - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.1 miles