- As low as $709/Night
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 17
- 4 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness center
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Room service available
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Unit size: 3125 sq ft (290 sq m)
- Valet parking on site (surcharge)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 17
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3125 square feet
Permit Number: 03257,58,59,60
The Space: Appreciate gracious Southern living in our roomy 8 BR home. The home is divided into four attractively designed 2 BR units, making this property ideal for huge groups. Each unit has been thoughtfully decorated to reflect a specific Southern drink, inviting guests to sip and linger while admiring the traditional Charleston color palates that accentuate the original architecture
and ideally underscores all that Southern hospitality really means.
Family get-togethers, business retreats, and wedding events can appreciate a communal living experience or retire to their own exclusive apartment for rest and relaxation all under one roof. This special property features sweeping verandas for al fresco drinks and dining, handsome natural light, completely equipped kitchen areas, and flat screen TVs. Thoughtful touches, such as
locally made art, curated selections of books on local interests, and plenty of storage, hooks and mirrors, these amenities will allow guests all of the amenities of home imbued with a distinctly Southern accent.
Roku TV is offered throughout home but please come equipped with your own streaming account logins. Thank you!Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your bags with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to savor The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, and Elliotborough Minibar drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the CitadelInteraction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely outfitted Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip painless. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Johnson Hagood Memorial Stadium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best vacation property experience:
Finding the best rental value:
- The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. To find the best rental home within budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Hosts sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Select a group leader, select your dates, and choose a budget.
- 4 Redesigned Suites! has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before you book the property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish what is right for your trip.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or applied to your agreement.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let crooks ruin your trip.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are valuable if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers bothering your peaceful home life. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and scan for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.0 miles
- Hampton Park - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.1 miles