- As low as $459/Night
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 15
- 4 bathrooms
- 7 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 2987 sq ft (278 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 15
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2987 square feet
Permit Number: 03218,03966
The Space: Divided into two separate units, this home has a combined total of 7 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, and is located in the heart of downtown Charleston. The space has a bright, modern interior with tons of textures while seamlessly maintaining the beloved allure of old historic Charleston. Throughout the home, you will find chic furnishings upon original wood floors, fireplaces, trendy décor, state of the art appliances, and that warm, homelike feel that is most sought after by travelers.
Unit A features:
A huge front porch. Upon arrival, guests will walk up 5-6 stairs onto the huge front porch of our home. The front porch features two outdoor chairs and a modest table, making it the ideal place to savor the cool evening air, have a sunset drink, welcome guests, or people-watch.
FOUR BEDROOMS and TWO FULL BATHROOMS. Once you’ve made your way through the shared front door, you will enter through the front door of unit A. The first bedroom is located at the beginning of the hallway. This bedroom features a king-sized bed that is center pieced in front of sizable bay windows, two bedside tables with lamps, a fireplace, a ceiling fan, a mirror, a enormous closet, and a flat-screen TV mounted on the wall. Continue down the hallway to find a full bathroom. The bathroom features a brand new sink, countertop, fixtures, tile, and a standup glass shower. In the hallway closet you will also find the washer and dryer. A few steps from the hall bathroom is the second bedroom which features a queen-sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a ceiling fan, and a huge closet. At the end of the hallway are the third and fourth bedroom which are adjoined by the second full bathroom. The third bedroom, located off the kitchen, features a queen-sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a ceiling fan, a huge closet, and a wall-mounted flat screen TV. This bedroom also gives access to the fenced in backyard and the shared adjoining bathroom. The second full bathroom, located between the third and fourth bedrooms, features a brand new sink, fixtures, mirror, tile, and a standup glass shower. The fourth bedroom features a king-sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a ceiling fan, a sizable closet, and a wall-mounted flat screen TV.
An open living room. The living room features a sizable couch flanked by a classy club chair, a coffee table, a side table with a lamp, a fireplace, and a huge flat screen TV. Here you will also find a modern dining table with 4 chairs, making it the ideal space to relax, catch up with friends, and/or share a meal after a long day of exploring.
A enormous kitchen. Located directly off of the living room is our completely-equipped modern style kitchen. The kitchen is a bright, open space that comes entirely-equipped with a brand new oven, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, standard-sized refrigerator/freezer, water distiller, ice-maker, coffee maker, and all of your basic cooking tools. Here you will also find a bar space with 3 barstools.
Unit B features:
A sizable, open living room. After walking through the shared front door to the home, guests will continue through the Unit B entrance and up one flight of stairs to the condo located on the second floor. The bright, cavernous living room acts as the main hub of the unit located directly in the center of the layout. The living room features a 3-seat couch flanked by a club chair, an end table, a coffee table, a modern floor lamp, a ceiling fan, and a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall above a console table. Here you will also find a modern rustic style dining table with enough room for 4 people to sit comfortably- making it the ultimate space to relax, converse, and appreciate one another’s company. The charming double, glass-windowed doors open up to a large bedroom directly off of the living room.
THREE BEDROOMS and TWO FULL BATHROOMS. The first bedroom is directly off of the living room, separated by double doors with glass windows. This bright, light-filled bedroom features a king-sized bed, two bedside tables with lamps, a ceiling fan, a large closet, and a flat screen TV. The second bedroom, located at the end of the hallway in the front of the home, features a queen-sized bed, two bedside tables with industrial style lamps, a large dresser, a ceiling fan, and a flat screen TV. Continue down the hallway towards the back of the home to find a double door closet with completely functional washer and dryer units. Directly opposite of the washer/dryer, you will find the first full bathroom. This bathroom features brand new tile, his and hers sinks, countertops, fixtures, mirrors, and a stand-up glass shower. The third bedroom has a full bathroom in suite and is located at the end of the hallway toward the back of the home. This bedroom features a king-sized bed, two rustic bedside tables with industrial-style lamps, a ceiling fan, a large closet, and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. The in-suite bathroom features brand new fixtures, lighting, and a glass standup shower.
A fully-equipped kitchen. The kitchen is located directly off of the living room opposite of the first bedroom and comes fully-equipped to meet all of your cooking and eating needs. It features a state-of-the-art oven, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, standard-sized refrigerator/freezer, water distiller, ice-maker, coffee maker, and all of your basic cooking tools. Here you will also find a high-top table with four barstools that can be used as a kitchen island or the ideal spot to sit and enjoy a home-cooked meal.
A second-floor balcony. Just off of the kitchen is a roomy second-floor balcony that offers plenty of seating. The outdoor couch, double bench, coffee table, and two outdoor chairs make this area ideal for drinks and hors d’oeuvres at sunset or even just catching up with old friends and/or family.
Our downtown Charleston home is ideal for people looking to stay somewhere spacious, tasteful, and in walking distance to the most trendy Charleston eateries, stores, and nightlife. It offers the ideal amount of space and privacy for guests to come home to after a long day of exploring and appreciating historic Charleston!
Guests will have access to the entire property plus a driveway where they can park 2 normal sized cars.
Please be aware that this historical home may require additional considerations. Due to its age and historical significance, the insulation may not meet modern standards. As a result, during extremely hot months, the HVAC system may struggle to keep up with cooling demands. We want to provide full transparency and disclose this information, ensuring you are well-informed before making your decision.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your suitcases with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to enjoy The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, and Elliotborough Minibar drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the CitadelInteraction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Totally supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip simple. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Family Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Vacation rental tips:
When to visit Charleston & When to reserve a rental home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are booked early. Reserving your rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines have discounts for nearby shops and restaurants.
How to pick the perfect vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- To start, have your group select dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Blue Magnolia
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible online. If they are not listed, call the property management company before you reserve the property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your group is bringing pets, search for a pet-friendly rental. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the host's contact info to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make sure no damages are linked to your family's stay, note any problem areas upon check in. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Re-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all personal items at departure. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a terrific time? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles