- As low as $2,434/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Boat on site
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hiking nearby
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Limited housekeeping
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 4738 sq ft (440 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4738 square feet
**124 Charleston Blvd is Presented by Exclusive Properties Vacation Rental Agency on Isle of Palms**
**August 2023 Discounts!! Up to $1k off. *Telephone/message owner/manager to get discount
**New Kitchen Renovation Completed January 15, 2023!**
New to our luxury collection, 124 Charleston Blvd, 'Ocean's Genesis' is a rare gem. Be one of the first to experience this rare six bedroom, five and a half bathroom, 2nd row beauty located on the peaceful lower end of Ocean Blvd. Substantial, open, light filled rooms will make you want to stay forever. Appreciate luxury perks like an elevated sparking pool and hot tub, elevator and roof top.
- 4,738 sq. ft.
- 6 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms
- Across from ocean on Ocean Blvd.
- Private pool and hot tub (heatable - inquire for cost)
- Two living rooms
- Full list of amenities available below
- Bedroom 1: King bed, en suite full bath – double sinks, stand up shower, porch access, TV
- Bedroom 2: King bed, en suite full bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 3: Queen bed, en suite full bath – stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 4: King bed, shared full bath with bunk room – double sinks, stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 5: (2) Bunkbeds single over single, open room to King bedroom, shared bathroom with King – double sinks, stand up shower, TV
- Bedroom 6: King bed master, en suite full bath – double sinks, soaking tub, stand up shower, TV
- 1/2 bathroom by kitchen
--What Exclusive Properties Offers--
Working with Exclusive Properties gives you a vacation experience unlike any other. With a completely staffed office located on Isle of Palms and 24 hour emergency line, we are always committed to making sure your stay with us is exceptional.
We manage cleaning and maintenance staffs to ensure the highest quality service. Our concierge services can help you organize private chefs, massage therapists and all the best that Isle of Palms has to offer.
We require the first half of your rental amount at the time of booking. The remainder of your rental amount will be due 45 days prior to your arrival. If you book within 45 days of your intended arrival, full payment is due at booking.
We offer travel insurance to all of our guests through Red Sky. Red Sky specializes in the Isle of Palms area and covers you in the occurrence of a mandatory evacuation, medical emergencies, loss of a family member, loss of job, etc. The cost is 6.95% of your rental cost. Please e-mail for exact cost. We recommend getting travel insurance through us. Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway will also sell their own version through CSA. We also offer a new kind of travel insurance, called Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian, and is 10.8% of the total. You will be covered for all of the main travel insurance emergencies as well. If you make a claim that falls under the main travel insurance, you will get 100% back (minus premium), but if you decide to cancel for a reason not covered, then you will get 60% back (minus premium)
Each reservation is charged a $1,000 returnable security deposit. The security deposit will be run in the week leading up to your arrival, and will be entirely refunded within 30 days of your departure after we have inspected the home for any major damages. Sometimes this is done and returned quicker than 30days. This security deposit is not included in your quoted rate on Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway.
We Highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (Red Sky or Cancel for Any Reason through Rental Guardian). If you do not have it or are cancelling for a reason not covered, then our cancellation policy will occur.
1. Red Sky travel insurance- 6.95% of rental total and you get 100% back (minus premium):
-You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they get COVID-19 (or any illness) and prevents you from coming. Any illness that causes cancellation/interruption and has an Attending Physician's Statement evidencing the diagnosis and doctor ordered travel restriction is covered.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they are medically quarantined by a doctor with a letter from the Health Department.
- You, a Family Member, a Traveling Companion, or a Traveling Companion's Family Member are covered if they experience loss of job due to COVID-19 or any other reason (must be employed over a year and can't be self-employed).
-Other covered reasons include, but not limited to- Mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane, injury or death, flight delay due to weather, car accident , extension of school year, and more.
2. Rental Guardian “Cancel for Any Reason”- 10.8% of rental total and you get 60% back (minus premium):
-You can cancel for ANY reason up until 2 days prior to your reservation start date. If you are booking 10days prior to your start date, then you cannot add this insurance.
-If you cancel for a reason covered by the normal travel insurance plan above, like, mandatory evacuation, injury or death, sickness, etc. then, you will still have the normal travel insurance coverage as well and would be paid out at 100% (minus premium).
*Please ask us (Exclusive Properties) about where and how to purchase this CFAR travel insurance.
Our cancellation policy if you do not have Travel Insurance or if you cancel for a reason not covered states:
Guest cancellation must be in writing and balance paid in full. If you cancel your reservation, all monies will be held until the property has been rebooked and confirmed for the same rental period for the same rate. There are NO exceptions. If the property is rebooked for only part of the rental period or for a reduced rate for the reserved days, your deposit will be refunded minus any uncollected rent for the rental period, guest cancellations are subject to a cancellation processing fee of $250, and 10% of the rental. If the property rebooks, you can move your funds (less any discount or unpaid rent) at 100% to dates in the future within 1 year of original check in date. If the property isn't rebooked all monies will be forfeited.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near theme parks and near the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Charleston Lighthouse. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or TD Arena. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling and hiking.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Charleston area vacation rental booking tips:
Finding your perfect rental:
- The sooner you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental.
- Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in Spring or Fall is an excellent way to save on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines contain coupons for local accommodations and attractions.
Choosing the best vacation rental in Isle of Palms:
- Choose your vacation dates and spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration you need. ????DISCOUNTS! Rare 2nd Row, Luxury Home across from ocean ????, Pool, Hot Tub, Elevator has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to determine what configuration is suitable for your vacation.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about pets before booking.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Get the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let crooks ruin your holiday.
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your stay, note any problem areas when you arrive. E-mail the host right away to relay any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Upon check-out, complete a walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a fantastic vacation? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was terrific, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.