- As low as $520/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- 6 bedrooms
- 7 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 5382 sq ft (500 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 5382 square feet
Encompass yourself in the history of Charleston by staying in this freshly modernized 1890's single home. The Madison Compound offers guests all the aesthetic features of a Charleston Single House from it sizable Piazzas, private roof top deck and original fireplaces to the modern touches you need to make your Charleston getaway comfortable and convenient.
Appreciate a brand new home opened in 2021 with all new furnishings, appliances, and fixtures located just blocks from Upper King Street.
The use of this entire compound space includes the main 4 bedroom home and 2 rear executive private studio suites along with private roof deck and outdoor grilling patio. The kitchen/living room displays a huge island to gather around as well as a roomy living room with a 75" TV. There are 6 private bedrooms each with their own private baths displaying enormous showers with multiple shower heads. A vacation rental the comfortably homes a group is this size is a unique find.
This space is also listed as a single 4-bedroom single home without the rear 2 executive suites which are also listed separately if you are looking to downsize your event.
The communication during your stay will be initiated on the day of check-in via a "check-in group text" with our entire management team so that there will be someone available at all times for any emergencies or questions that arise. This message will maintain check in instruction and will serve as the best point of contact throughout your stay for any of your needs. If you do not have a domestic cell phone don't worry, we can simply message through the platform app which will be monitored regularly.
The setting is the historic Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood which is considered the "gateway" to the peninsula boasting just the right mix of Neighborhood and City. King, Cannon and Spring Street are dotted with stores, vintage stores, and bakeries. Trendy eateries serve up everything from comforting southern fare to the finest seafood you can find. Upper King Street is just blocks away and is home to the best nightlife, hip bars, craft beers, and specialty home drinks.
Supplied with every Charleston Vacays Stay:
Personal Local Direct Property Manager Contact
Paper Products (trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Charleston is best seen by foot or bicycle but if you have any other transportation needs, the following are who we recommend:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
City of Charleston Operating Permit OP2023-04000
Business License BL023915-03-2021
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Aiken-Rhett House Museum and Historic Rice Mill. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the optimal rental experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To find the best value, consider changing your family's Charleston area trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Make a plan and choose the best Charleston area vacation home:
- First, have your family commit to date ranges and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. The Madison Compound- Entire Charleston House & Suites w/ Private Roof Top Deck has 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is normally accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you reserve the property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to establish which bed configuration is right for your group.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges could be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before booking
During your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of concerns.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your visit, record any problem areas when you arrive. text the property manager right away to report any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to confirm you have not leave anything behind. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.3 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.5 miles
- The Citadel - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles
- City Marina - 1.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles