- As low as $395/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2800 sq ft (260 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2800 square feet
This is an marvelous opportunity to vacation or remote work in a majestic piece of Charleston's history. Located in the heart of the peninsula, close by amenities include MUSC, College of Charleston, Colonial Lake Park, King Street and the South of Broad neighborhood. Constructed circa 1816 and known to historians as the Theodore Galliard House, this home is recognized in historic archives as a home of historical significance in Charleston.
With a charming location in Charleston's Harleston Village, this gorgeously designed home features double-tiered south piazza, 14' ceilings, elaborate moldings, a hand-crafted copper roof and plenty of character. Harleston Village is one of downtown's most fashionable neighborhoods on the downtown Charleston peninsula. The area around The Ashley Residence - One features an eclectic mix of Antebellum homes and modern townhouses located along photogenic tree-lined streets. Ideal for strolling, this park-filled family-friendly locale is also home to trendy eateries and historic attractions.
As the Main floor unit of this fashonable home, The Ashley Residence - One features all of the classic architectural details that make historic homes in Charleston so beautiful. With dramatic ceiling heights, late Federal and Regency style woodwork, elaborate chandeliers and plenty of outdoor living space on the piazza to take in the vistas. Recently refreshed interiors in June 2023 with dramatic lighting and comfortable, modren furnishings, this unit includes 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, formal living room, modern, well-appointed chef's kitchen with high end appliances, center island with bar seating for four and separate dining area that seats six. Each full bathroom includes a intelligent toilet with warming features and bidet. Adjacent to the kitchen, this main floor includes a separate 1/2 bath powder room for convenient use when entertaining.
With a one-flight-up exterior staircase, or access to the main floor via a secure, shared elevator, you'll step into an handsome broad entryway. Directly off the entry, you can relax in the main-level primary suite with KING bed, with sumptuous ensuite bathroom appointed with a steam shower with rain shower head and separate soaking tub. Upstairs on the second floor of this unit, you will find a guest bedroom with KING Bed and private bathroom. Up another flight, the third floor offers skyline vistas from the third guest bedroom, with KING bed and close by access to the hall bath.
The Ashley Residence - One incudes washer/dryer, plus elevator that delivers you from the ground level parking area directly into the main floor of the unit, and shared outdoor rear yard with appealing fountain. You will appreciate the walk everywhere lifestyle that comes with living in historic downtown Charleston including a short walk to popular eateries including Fuel, 132 Spring Coffee Shop, R Kitchen and Sixty Bull Cafe.
Two umbrellas are supplied for your convenience to use throughout your stay.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll savor high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$150 Non-returnable Pet Fee/pet (max. one dog allowed), $1,000 pet deposit returnable upon satisfactory inspection, $50/hour Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Historic Rice Mill and Unitarian Church are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Shops at Charleston Place and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Our top Rental home booking tips:
Sticking to your budget:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best value, try shifting your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines that include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting and booking your Charleston area rental:
- Choose your dates and budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. New Listing: Majestic Historic Monthly Rental has 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the property owner before you book the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the host about pet restrictions before booking.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
Know before you go:
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of problems.
- Lock your rental while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- Document any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great source for finding the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to make sure you have not forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a terrific vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.2 miles
- City Marina - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles