- As low as $1,115/Week
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 14
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3211 sq ft (298 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 01750, 01751
Our 3 story home, divided into 2 separate apartments, has a total of 6 bedrooms and 4 full bathrooms. It has been newly modernized and refurbished and has a bright, transitional style interior. Throughout the property, you will find sizable porches, trendy furnishings atop wood floors, fresh décor, vaulted ceilings, and top-of-the-line appliances- making it the picture-ideal home away from home.
UNIT A Features:
A roomy living room. After walking up the stairs to the enormous front porch and through the entryway, guests will enter the open living room area. This bright space features a 3-seat couch, two armchairs, two side tables with lamps, a coffee table, and a flat-screen TV with cable T.V., NFL Package supplied! Amidst the open space sits a huge dining table with six modern dining chairs, as well as four barstools, making it the ultimate space to gather, converse, and relax after a long day exploring Charleston.
A completely-equipped kitchen. The kitchen area, which is open to the living room, comes entirely equipped with an oven, stovetop, standard-sized refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, basic cooking silverware, a dishwasher, toaster, and all of your kitchen needs. In the hallway closet, you will also find a fully functional washer and dryer.
THREE BEDROOMS and TWO FULL BATHS. On the first floor, you will find one full bath and one bedroom. The bathroom features new countertops, fixtures, tile, and a full bath/shower. The sizable bedroom is located at the end of the hallway on the first floor and features a king-sized bed, two bedside tables, a ceiling fan, a dresser, and a closet. Access the shared back porch area from this master bedroom. On the second floor, you will find the other two bedrooms and a full bathroom. The first bedroom includes two queen-sized beds, bedside tables, lamps, a ceiling fan, a flat-screen TV, and a closet. The full bathroom, located in the hallway, features new countertops, his and hers sinks, tile, and a full bathtub/shower. The third bedroom is located at the end of the hall on the front side of the home. It features a queen-sized bed, two bedside tables, lamps, a ceiling fan, and a closet.
Sizable porches. The front porch and the second-story balcony are ideal for appreciating a drink at sunset or sweet tea in a rocking chair while you “people watch”. Access the second-floor balcony at the end of the hallway.
Unit B Features:
Our 3 story apartment with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths, has been freshly remodeled and refurbished and has a bright, transitional style interior. Throughout the property, you will find huge porches, trendy furnishings atop wood floors, beautiful décor, vaulted ceilings, and top-of-the-line appliances- making it the picture-ideal home away from home.
THREE BEDROOMS and TWO FULL BATHS. Guests will enter from the shared porch located at the back of the home. After walking through the front door, into the mudroom, and up a flight of stairs, you will find the first two bedrooms located on the second story. The first bedroom has a bright nautical style and features a queen-sized bed, two bedside tables, a huge closet, a ceiling fan, flat-screen TV, and access to the bathroom. The bathroom features new countertops, fixtures, tile, his and hers sinks, and a full bath/shower. Walk down the hallway to the second bedroom that has a Moroccan-style interior. This large bedroom features a king-sized bed, bedside tables, lamps, a ceiling fan, a large closet, a futon couch, and a flat-screen TV with cable TV, NFL Package included! Walk up another flight of stairs to find the third bedroom. This bedroom features plenty of space, a king-sized bed, bedside table with lamp, a ceiling fan, accent chair, and two large closets. The second full bathroom, located in the hallway, features new countertops, sinks, tile, and a full bathtub/shower. Also located in the hallway on the third floor is the brand new washer and dryer.
Guests will have exclusive access to all three floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation homes provide Charleston area area travel catalogs which feature promotions, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to avoid the packed areas and lower your expenses? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you incredible rates on daily rental properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for promotions. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a markdown.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to particular guests, whether it's downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and interesting attractions you are most excited about.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are surprised to learn just how many rental properties can be found in Charleston area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most novices will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Dream Weaver by StayDuvet | Only 4 Blocks to King!" is the best rental home for your upcoming vacation? Read through this check list to make sure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Selection
Charleston area vacation rentals book months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Many visitors decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be complicated among relatives, but once this challenging part is complete everything will begin to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Generally rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Establish Your Budget
The majority of vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the price for your chosen week. It could be at the top end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a pricey rental. Generally, a single member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental home with outside kitchen? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or near wildlife? Does the unit have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Appropriate access could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the gang visiting with a family pet? While a number of vacation homes permit pets, guidelines and costs vary per rental. A number of restrictions may possibly eliminate a potential rental home. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
It Is Time to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the vacation home has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of comparable properties that better suit your preferences and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the entire contract and be sure you are aware who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also recommend promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for customers to offer reviews. If the property and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was disagreeable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a great time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great vacation home. If the rental home wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles