- As low as $580/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Welcoming dogs only
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
One block from famed Market Street you will find The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's 1,500-square-foot 1st floor "Chestnut Suite" residence. Step outside and into the heart of Charleston’s history.
The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is exactly where you want to be in Charleston. You are a fast walk to all of the major historical attractions and museums, award-winning eateries, the arts, nightlife, and elegant shopping and antiquing. Every special event - from Spoleto to Southeastern Wildlife Expo to The Cooper River Bridge Run - is within blocks. Take a walk toward the water to see the gorgeous historic mansions that have made Charleston famed. Along the way, pop in and out of art galleries, antique stores, and cafes. If you want to relax and stay in, this home has plenty of comfortable seating and a enormous completely-equipped kitchen ideal for entertaining. There is always something to do and see in Charleston - whether you want to be on the move and take in all the sites or you want to relax and relax. Let us show you why Charleston is Travel + Leisure's "World's Finest City" and why The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is the only place to stay to experience it.
One of four residences in this 1870s-era historic remodeled property, the 1,500-square-foot "Chestnut Suite" residence offers you a cozy getaway. Blending the best of old and new, this historic home has been completely refurbished with modern design and high-end appliances, fixtures and furnishings. Savor on-site exclusive parking, 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (each supplied with plenty of fluffy towels, Gilchrist & Soames bath products, and a hair dryer), and a chef's kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances. The open, cavernous layout of the kitchen, dining, and living room allow you and your guests to relax, mingle, and savor each other’s company. This residence is bigger in size and features amenities finer than the most famed hotel presidential suites.
*We have an on-site private parking lot. One complimentary space is included with each residence reserved. Additional spaces are $50 per space per nighttime and subject to availability.
You may also wish to check out The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's 2 bed/2 bath Jasper Suite on the 1st floor, 3 bed/3 bath Steeple Suite on the 2nd floor, and 3 bed/2 bath Sail Loft on the 3rd floor.
For bigger gatherings requiring additional accommodations, you may wish to reserve multiple residences (subject to availability). The entire Charleston Chestnut Mansion can host up to 20 guests.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Waterfront Park reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the best rental experience:
Sticking to your spending budget:
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, change your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Property management companies sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area travel guides that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose and book your Charleston area rental:
- To start, have your family select a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Walk to Charleston’s Best Dining and Entertainment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible online. If not, email the property owner before you reserve your rental. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's an individual Charleston area destination you are enamored with, browse properties that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others don't. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Note any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are beneficial if there is a dispute.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers bothering your peace. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at check-out. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a wonderful vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles