- As low as $421/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 7
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 845 sq ft (79 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 845 square feet
This chic and modern first floor apartment with piazza is part of the unique ST PHILIP SQUARE. We are in the upper King Street area close to eateries, bars, stores in this most vibrant, impressive area of historic Charleston. This first floor apartment in a classic Charleston "single" home is entered through the side street door entrance and pretty piazza. The apartment features original woodwork, mouldings and wainscoting with 11' ceilings.
•2 queen beds, 1 double bed, 1 couch sleeper
•2full bathrooms, 1 additional vanity, 1 bathtub
•brand new kitchen
•roomy living room
•historic high ceilings and woodwork
•piazza with seating and glass dining table
group potential @St Philip Square
•The light filled 22' x 11' LIVING ROOM features a "mid-century style" with a comfortable queen sleeper couch, leather chairs and a 43" wall-mounted intelligent tv. We provide wifi and usb ports.
•The DINING table has two drop leaves. When pulled away from the wall and opened it can seat 4 people, using two more chairs from the kitchen. In nice weather guests can savor al fresco dining on the porch glass table.
•The brand new KITCHEN with granite counter tops and all new stainless appliances has an eating counter with two counter chairs. The kitchen has a new dishwasher, disposal, microwave, new stove, chic refrigerator, a full supply of dishes, glasses, cookware, and silverware.
•Off of the living room, the front BEDROOM has two modern queen size beds with new beds, a enchanting fireplace, a closet with good storage and a striking granite sink with apron. The ensuite BATHROOM has a opulent walk-in shower, and another sizable granite counter with sink.
•Off of the other end of the living room is a BEDROOM with a full-size bed, dressing table and ample closet with storage. The second BATHROOM with tub and new granite counter is also off of the living room and close to the second bedroom, serving both that bedroom and anyone who might appreciate the new sleeper-couch in the living room. Hair-dryers, wifi, USB ports, iron and ironing board, toiletries, and fluffy towels are all supplied.
•This apartment has full use of the PIAZZA where you will enjoy the glass top table with four chairs, a wicker settee and 4 wicker chairs. The huge capacity washer and dryer are accessed from the piazza.
•We have taken great care to furnish this apartment with interesting, appealing, comfortable and tasteful furnishings and artwork. We would want to stay here if we were visiting Charleston. The apartment is ideal for three or four couples, a family with kids, a gals' hideaway, a 4-guy getaway where everybody has his own bed, or a wedding group. The 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment upstairs and the 3 bedroom/2 bathroom bungalow with brick courtyard next door make a flexible arrangement for a enormous group possible and alluring. Each apartment has its own complimentary parking.
The OFFICE of our property manager, Jamie, is in this building. She is extremely accommodating and always gets rave reviews from our guests. She will provide you with entry information and a parking pass for your complimentary on-site parking space and provide you with any other information you need. Our staff is equipped to offer concierge services with access to a private chef, home delivered meals, tour arrangements, or even fishing and sailing expeditions.
If you are not familiar with Charleston or this area, you can see we are slightly north of the College of Charleston on historic St. Philip Street. This impressive apartment is the ideal base to enjoy an enchanting Charleston experience. Charleston is like Rome, Italy in that most of the notable monuments and historic details are found in a fairly contained area. You can literally walk from the apartment to the southernmost extremes of the Historic District in under thirty mins.. Passing antebellum homes and cobblestone streets, this journey will take you through the Historic King Street District and the neighborhoods of Cannonborough, Elliottborough, Radcliffborough, Harleston Village and finally South of Broad until you reach the Battery itself. Go east one block and you are on King Street, the home of designer stores, eclectic stores, antique stores and a host of other fascinating stores as well as nationally acclaimed eateries. Upper King is the new center of Charleston's acclaimed restaurant and nighttime life. A recent survey of the "essential 18 Charleston Eateries" has multiple of these eateries (Hominy Grille, The Grocery, The Macintosh, The Ordinary) within four blocks of the apartment. We also appreciate to walk to Five Loaves Cafe, Stella's Greek Restaurant, Goulette Rotisserie, Sugar Bakery and the Charleston Farmers Market at Marion Square. The South Carolina Aquarium and the Kids's Museum of the Low Country are close and a delight for both kids and parents. The Charleston Museum, one of the nation's first museums, is also within walking distance. We are excited to offer this gorgeous space on Vacation Rental By Owner.
If you visiting in Charleston and need to sleep from 2 to 72 people...in award winning historic properties...one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St...handsomely modernized with stunning decor and parking, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our properties are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with appeal and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in properties that sparkle with stunning remodel and beautiful decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, business retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with kids.
St Philip Square offers 8 properties within a "square" that opens onto a shared parking area. Each apartment is a separate unit with unique characteristics. It is the ideal opportunity for groups of all sizes to organize a joint rental but each apartment is separate and is its own place. The vrbo numbers for the other properties are:
1531369 1446527. 1994546. 1994547 1994550
1351757. 1662029. 834186. 567555. 467877
(You might have to put ha at the end. Or vr.)
If you put these numbers into a Vacation Rental By Owner search without dates you will be able to view each listing.
We advise during the month of September particularly, and some into October, that you purchase the trip protection insurance. It is the peak of hurricane season in our area. The optional trip insurance offered through Vacation Rental By Owner would cover any weather related cancellation. We do not offer refunds or date changes for any reason outside the 60 day cancellation period.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Rental home tips and tricks:
How to get the best rental value:
- The earlier you can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Reserving your vacation rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- To get the best value, consider shifting your trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warmer weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First and foremost, have your group choose date ranges and a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. (8A) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is normally available on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your group is bringing pets, you must book a property that allows animals. Ask for information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers charge additional pet fees.
- Does your family require particular amenities? Most websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. .
More considerations for your visit:
- Put the owner's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- When it's time to leave, take a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a fantastic time? Most rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 0.9 miles
Ready to book (8A) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square?Book Online Get Information Call: