- As low as $557/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 845 sq ft (78.5 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 845 square feet
This chic and modern first floor apartment with piazza is part of the unique ST PHILIP SQUARE. We are in the upper King Street area close to eateries, bars, stores in this most vibrant, appealing area of historic Charleston. This first floor apartment in a classic Charleston "single" home is entered through the side street door entrance and striking piazza. The apartment features original woodwork, mouldings and wainscoting with 11' ceilings.
•2 queen beds, 1 double bed, 1 couch sleeper
•2full bathrooms, 1 additional vanity, 1 bathtub
•brand new kitchen
•cavernous living room
•historic high ceilings and woodwork
•piazza with seating and glass dining table
•The light filled 22' x 11' LIVING ROOM features a "mid-century style" with a comfortable queen sleeper couch, leather chairs and a 43" wall-mounted intelligent tv. We provide wifi and usb ports.
•The DINING table has two drop leaves. When pulled away from the wall and opened it can seat 4 people, using two more chairs from the kitchen. In nice weather guests can appreciate al fresco dining on the porch glass table.
•The brand new KITCHEN with granite counter tops and all new stainless appliances has an eating counter with two counter chairs. The kitchen has a new dishwasher, disposal, microwave, new stove, chic refrigerator, a full supply of dishes, glasses, cookware, and silverware.
•Off of the living room, the front BEDROOM has two modern queen size beds with new beds, a alluring fireplace, a closet with good storage and a handsome granite sink with apron. The ensuite BATHROOM has a extravagant walk-in shower, and another enormous granite counter with sink.
•Off of the other end of the living room is a BEDROOM with a full-size bed, dressing table and ample closet with storage. The second BATHROOM with tub and new granite counter is also off of the living room and close to the second bedroom, serving both that bedroom and anyone who might savor the new sleeper-couch in the living room. Hair-dryers, wifi, USB ports, iron and ironing board, toiletries, and fluffy towels are all supplied.
•This apartment has full use of the PIAZZA where you will enjoy the glass top table with four chairs, a wicker settee and 4 wicker chairs. The sizable capacity washer and dryer are accessed from the piazza.
•We have taken great care to furnish this apartment with interesting, impressive, comfortable and tasteful furnishings and artwork. We would want to stay here if we were visiting Charleston. The apartment is ideal for three or four couples, a family with kids, a gals' hideaway, a 4-guy getaway where everybody has his own bed, or a wedding group. The 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment upstairs and the 3 bedroom/2 bathroom bungalow with brick courtyard next door make a flexible arrangement for a huge group possible and gorgeous. Each apartment has its own complimentary parking.
If you are not familiar with Charleston or this area, you can see we are slightly north of the College of Charleston on historic St. Philip Street. This appealing apartment is the ideal base to enjoy an enchanting Charleston experience. Charleston is like Rome, Italy in that most of the notable monuments and historic details are found in a fairly contained area. You can literally walk from the apartment to the southernmost extremes of the Historic District in under thirty mins.. Passing antebellum homes and cobblestone streets, this journey will take you through the Historic King Street District and the neighborhoods of Cannonborough, Elliottborough, Radcliffborough, Harleston Village and finally South of Broad until you reach the Battery itself. Go east one block and you are on King Street, the home of designer stores, eclectic stores, antique stores and a host of other fascinating stores as well as nationally acclaimed eateries. Upper King is the new center of Charleston's acclaimed restaurant and nighttime life. A recent survey of the "essential 18 Charleston Eateries" has multiple of these eateries (Hominy Grille, The Grocery, The Macintosh, The Ordinary) within four blocks of the apartment. We also appreciate to walk to Five Loaves Cafe, Stella's Greek Restaurant, Goulette Rotisserie, Sugar Bakery and the Charleston Farmers Market at Marion Square. The South Carolina Aquarium and the Kids's Museum of the Low Country are close and a delight for both kids and parents. The Charleston Museum, one of the nation's first museums, is also within walking distance. We are excited to offer this inviting space on Vacation Rental By Owner.
If you visiting in Charleston and need to sleep from 2 to 72 people...in award winning historic properties...one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St...charmingly refreshed with impressive decor and parking, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our properties are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with appeal and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in properties that sparkle with stunning remodel and beautiful decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, business retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with kids.
We advise during the month of September particularly, and some into October, that you purchase the trip protection insurance. It is the peak of hurricane season in our area. We do not offer refunds or date changes for any reason outside the 60 day cancellation period.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Tips and Tricks to get the best vacation rental experience:
Getting the most from your spending budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your Charleston area vacation in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which often include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning, selecting, and booking the perfectrental:
- Begin by selecting vacation dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. (8A) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking websites. Otherwise, call the property management company before you reserve the rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish what is optimal for your group.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Upon check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to confirm that you've packed all belongings at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to propel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles