- As low as $422/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 7
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 845 sq ft (79 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 845 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This chic and modern first floor apartment with piazza is part of the unique ST PHILIP SQUARE. We are in the upper King Street area close to eateries, bars, stores in this most vibrant, appealing area of historic Charleston. This first floor apartment in a classic Charleston "single" home is entered through the side street door entrance and handsome piazza. The apartment features original woodwork, mouldings and wainscoting with 11' ceilings.
•2 queen beds, 1 double bed, 1 couch sleeper
•2full bathrooms, 1 additional vanity, 1 bathtub
•brand new kitchen
•cavernous living room
•historic high ceilings and woodwork
•piazza with seating and glass dining table
group potential @St Philip Square
•The light filled 22' x 11' LIVING ROOM features a "mid-century style" with a comfortable queen sleeper couch, leather chairs and a 43" wall-mounted intelligent tv. We provide wifi and usb ports.
•The DINING table has two drop leaves. When pulled away from the wall and opened it can seat 4 people, using two more chairs from the kitchen. In nice weather guests can savor al fresco dining on the porch glass table.
•The brand new KITCHEN with granite counter tops and all new stainless appliances has an eating counter with two counter chairs. The kitchen has a new dishwasher, disposal, microwave, new stove, chic refrigerator, a full supply of dishes, glasses, cookware, and silverware.
•Off of the living room, the front BEDROOM has two modern queen size beds with new beds, a splendid fireplace, a closet with good storage and a handsome granite sink with apron. The ensuite BATHROOM has a opulent walk-in shower, and another huge granite counter with sink.
•Off of the other end of the living room is a BEDROOM with a full-size bed, dressing table and ample closet with storage. The second BATHROOM with tub and new granite counter is also off of the living room and close to the second bedroom, serving both that bedroom and anyone who might appreciate the new sleeper-couch in the living room. Hair-dryers, wifi, USB ports, iron and ironing board, toiletries, and fluffy towels are all included.
•This apartment has full use of the PIAZZA where you will enjoy the glass top table with four chairs, a wicker settee and 4 wicker chairs. The sizable capacity washer and dryer are accessed from the piazza.
•We have taken great care to furnish this apartment with interesting, impressive, comfortable and tasteful furnishings and artwork. We would want to stay here if we were visiting Charleston. The apartment is ideal for three or four couples, a family with kids, a gals' hideaway, a 4-guy getaway where everybody has his own bed, or a wedding group. The 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment upstairs and the 3 bedroom/2 bathroom bungalow with brick courtyard next door make a flexible arrangement for a enormous group possible and appealing. Each apartment has its own complimentary parking.
The OFFICE of our property manager, Jamie, is in this building. She is extremely accommodating and always gets rave reviews from our guests. She will provide you with entry information and a parking pass for your complimentary on-site parking space and provide you with any other information you need. Our staff is equipped to offer concierge services with access to a private chef, home delivered meals, tour arrangements, or even fishing and sailing expeditions.
If you are not familiar with Charleston or this area, you can see we are slightly north of the College of Charleston on historic St. Philip Street. This beautiful apartment is the ideal base to enjoy an enchanting Charleston experience. Charleston is like Rome, Italy in that most of the notable monuments and historic details are found in a fairly contained area. You can literally walk from the apartment to the southernmost extremes of the Historic District in under thirty mins.. Passing antebellum homes and cobblestone streets, this journey will take you through the Historic King Street District and the neighborhoods of Cannonborough, Elliottborough, Radcliffborough, Harleston Village and finally South of Broad until you reach the Battery itself. Go east one block and you are on King Street, the home of designer stores, eclectic stores, antique stores and a host of other fascinating stores as well as nationally acclaimed eateries. Upper King is the new center of Charleston's acclaimed restaurant and nighttime life. A recent survey of the "essential 18 Charleston Eateries" has multiple of these eateries (Hominy Grille, The Grocery, The Macintosh, The Ordinary) within four blocks of the apartment. We also appreciate to walk to Five Loaves Cafe, Stella's Greek Restaurant, Goulette Rotisserie, Sugar Bakery and the Charleston Farmers Market at Marion Square. The South Carolina Aquarium and the Kids's Museum of the Low Country are close and a delight for both kids and parents. The Charleston Museum, one of the nation's first museums, is also within walking distance. We are excited to offer this beautiful space on Vacation Rental By Owner.
If you visiting in Charleston and need to sleep from 2 to 72 people...in award winning historic properties...one block from King St. and .4 miles to Calhoun St...handsomely refreshed with gorgeous decor and parking, St Philip Square is your answer!
You need to look carefully to realize our properties are noticeably closer to South of Broad, and our buildings are substantial historic buildings, with appeal and character not possible in new construction, in a community setting where groups can gather, in an area where it's possible to rent without the owner present, in properties that sparkle with striking remodel and striking decor. We have a unique offering for wedding groups, family get-togethers, business retreats, friends traveling together, honeymooners, anniversary celebrants or families with kids.
St Philip Square offers 8 properties within a "square" that opens onto a shared parking area. Each apartment is a separate unit with unique characteristics. It is the ideal opportunity for groups of all sizes to organize a joint rental but each apartment is separate and is its own place. The vrbo numbers for the other properties are:
1531369 1446527. 1994546. 1994547 1994550
1351757. 1662029. 834186. 567555. 467877
(You might have to put ha at the end. Or vr.)
If you put these numbers into a Vacation Rental By Owner search without dates you will be able to view each listing.
We advise during the month of September particularly, and some into October, that you purchase the trip protection insurance. It is the peak of hurricane season in our area. The optional trip insurance offered through Vacation Rental By Owner would cover any weather related cancellation. We do not offer refunds or date changes for any reason outside the 60 day cancellation period.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
Strategies to get the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is high season in Charleston. Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is an excellent way to save on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines contain deals for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Make a plan and pick your prefect Charleston area rental home:
- Choose a group leader, select your trip dates, and choose a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. (8A) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before booking your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or costs applied to your agreement.
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately send them to the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents a lot of issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers bothering your home life. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Upon check-out, take a final walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good ratings to propel new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles