- As low as $419/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Video games
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1617 sq ft (150 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1617 square feet
This unit is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-03117.
This 2004 single family home is just 2 blocks to sightseeing & eateries of Upper King Street in downtown Charleston. The home includes 3 bedrooms & 2.5 bathrooms and can sleep up to 8 guests and features an inviting porch on each floor to relax and savor the handsome South Carolina sunsets.
This home was constructed with private porches on each floor of the home and an gorgeous third floor deck with great vistas of the city. Just two blocks from King Street and in the heart of downtown Charleston!
Please note that this home sleeps up to 8 guests: 2 in the third floor primary bedroom, 2 in each of the second floor bedrooms, and 2 on the sleeper couch.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are multiple convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Parties and events are not allowed in this property.
Guests have access to the front door through the keypad. The door code is given prior to the day of arrival.
The home contains 3 bedrooms. There are two bedrooms on the second floor, which both have queen-size beds and share a bathroom. The primary bedroom on the third floor contains a queen-sized bed and the private roomy bathroom has a sink with a double vanity and standup shower.
The home has a private driveway with space for 2 cars.
What do we adore about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The exceptional eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just 3 blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: We do NOT allow family pets at this property. Please note that we have a $500 fee for any time it is found that a pet has been brought to the property during your stay.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for four straight years. You will appreciate everything this appealing historic city has to offer, especially the warm Southern hospitality in which residents take such great pride. Come see what all the fuss is about...you might just want to move here!!
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To get the best value, change your group's vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites often offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include special offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the best rental home in Charleston:
- Start by selecting a vacation week and a max budget.
- 2 Blocks To King has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you reserve the rental. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about pets before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
Advice for a smooth stay:
- Get the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Lock your rental while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- Document any damages to the property during check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the host is not available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a great time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles