- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 790 sq ft (73 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 790 square feet
This is a full-service resort. Your check-in procedures will model that of a hotel and your room number will be assigned during check in.
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, grandiose and utterly majestic!
Approximately 790-1200 square feet, this majestic Two- Bedroom resort suite features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Double Bed in the guest room, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 6 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 10 a.m. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking. Cost: $33 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $38 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Handicap parking in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St., or metered street parking, with a valid sticker or placard is complimentary, however the owner must park their own car. If someone with a handicap placard or sticker wishes to valet, they are subject to the same Owner/Non-Owner daily prices. Owners and guests may self-park in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day without moving the car. After midnight or when the car is moved out and back into the garage, the clock resets and $2/hour, max $18/day rate begins. One car per reservation. No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or upsized cars allowed. City public parking phone: (843) 805-3232. The resort is not responsible for any damages to cars while in the public parking garage.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston City Market and Old Slave Mart Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal SC. To get the largest rental home for your budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer special rates for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites frequently offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental in Charleston:
- Choose a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration you need. The Lodge Alley Inn, 2 Bedroom Townhouse has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before you book your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You will need to establish what bed configuration is optimal for your trip.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you are crazy about, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about your furry family members before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- To make sure no damages are attributed to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Make contact with the property manager immediately to report any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, television set or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, remember to take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles