About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 790 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, sizable and utterly majestic!
Approximately 790-1200 square feet, this majestic Two- Bedroom Flat resort suite features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Double Bed in the guest room, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 6 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking. Cost: $33 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $38 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Handicap parking in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St., or metered street parking, with a valid sticker or placard is complimentary, however the owner must park their own car. If someone with a handicap placard or sticker wishes to valet, they are subject to the same Owner/Non-Owner daily prices. Owners and guests may self-park in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day without moving the car. After midnight or when the car is moved out and back into the garage, the clock resets and $2/hour, max $18/day rate begins. One car per reservation. No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or upsized cars allowed. City public parking phone: (843) 805-3232. The resort is not responsible for any damages to cars while in the public parking garage.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect Charleston area vacation property experience:
Getting the best rental home value:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. Reserve your rental home in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have offers and deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to select the best rental home:
- To start, have your family choose the best dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. The Lodge Alley Inn, 2 Bedroom Townhouse has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is almost always available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
Considerations for your stay:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- At Check-in, note any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, television set or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- Re-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed everything at departure. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your group have a terrific stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles