- As low as $425/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
A fabulous townhouse 'Johnson's Pied-a'- terre' in the heart of the Historic French Quarter District. Tucked away in the courtyard of the historic ''Lodge Alley Inn '' with a fountain and gas lights to add to the quaintness of this very special place. This alley connects East bay to State Street.
Unwind in your own walled and gated private courtyard, or sit on the balcony and just savor the sound of the fountain or flicker of the gas lights. Before walking steps to the best eateries Charleston has to offer. Only two blocks from the Old Straw Market and Water Front Park on the harbor. You are right where you need to be in this remarkable location to appreciate all downtown Charleston has to offer.
The townhouse has just been freshly furnished and sports awesome original wide plank heart of pine floors throughout. A brand new kitchen installed winter 2023 with top of the line appliances...But who cooks in Charleston when there are so many great Eateries.
Two bedrooms upstairs one with a California King Bed and the other a queen bed, private baths for both. A modest balcony from the Front bedroom with view of the fountain. The living room has a half bath.
The townhouse works generously for two couples. ....When you enquire please let me know how your group is made up..singles, kids, couples ...and age range please...Helps me Accept your booking faster. Thanks
Keywords: Town House, location,
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Old Slave Mart Museum and Dock Street Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Discover the area's water adventures with water skiing, motor boating, and sailing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the perfect rental home experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation home in the Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Choose your vacation week and spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Lodge Alley - Downtown Historic District - Incredible Location has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is often available on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property owner before reserving the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Tips for your stay:
- Get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- At Check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Use the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on good reviews to propel future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles