- As low as $215/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1300 sq ft (121 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1300 square feet
Freshly remodeled home on the peninsula close to best eateries, coffee stores and shopping. Five min. walk to King St. The whole group will savor simple access to everything from this centrally located place. Ideal for friends, family or couples looking to experience the best of Charleston.
The kitchen cabinets, countertops, appliances and euro bathroom are completely modernized similar to new construction. The remaining areas of the home are over 100 years old and considered historic. We kindly ask that you respect the home as fixtures, furnishings and workmanship are irreplaceable. The home was constructed in 1895 and the kitchen area has sloping floors due to the age of the home.
The home is located on the 2nd floor of "Charleston Single" duplex. Guests have access to driveway and entire upstairs unit including enormous porch area. Please note the home is located downtown and subject to typical city noises.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Summertime is high season in Charleston. Reserve your rental home in Fall or Spring to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- The earlier your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are booked early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Filter your search:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your dates, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration you need. Beautiful Historic Downtown Charleston Home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is normally available online. Otherwise, email or call the property management company before you book the home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
- If your family is traveling with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly property. Request information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
During your stay:
- Put the owner's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the host is not available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a wonderful vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.1 miles