- As low as $1,003/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
A short walk from King St. the Tuckertown, as part of the Spring Island Collection, is a two-story historic home. Recently refreshed, the Tuckertown accepts guests to savor the privacy of a stand-alone unit with sizable traditional southern porches on both floors and the history of Charleston with exposed brick and wooden beams. Savor rare downtown amenities such as a shared pool just steps away and with space for multiple groups to relax, ample parking, dog run, and lush landscaping.
The Tuckertown is a completely restored historic Charleston home with two floors of sweeping porches. Gather in the modern kitchen with all the home prepare’s basics, relax in the living room with ample seating and intelligent TV, or getaway to the roomy well curated bedrooms. The most private unit in the Spring Island Collection the Tuckertown offers the added serenity of sitting separate from other Spring Island units. Guests will be able to experience the appeal of Charleston from their very own historic home whose remodel accepts for the comfort of big groups to relax after a long day of exploring Charleston.
The Tuckertown can accommodate up to 10 guests between 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, huge kitchen and living room.
Flex Bedroom #1 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Flex Bedroom #2 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Bedroom #3 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Bedroom # 4 – Queen bed + Ensuite bath
Living Room – King-size luxury memory foam sleeper couch + ½ bath
* All ‘Flex’ rooms can be converted from King beds to two twins when requested*
Appreciate the resort-style pool, heated to 85 degrees during the cooler months, with your neighbors, socialize on your front porches, discover the cozy up and coming neighborhood, and savor a rich selection of dining options all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at Tuckertown.
Permit # 04020
The Tuckertown not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each unit is equipped with coded lock that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. We offer a suitcases storage space with a coded lock near the pool for all Spring Islands guests to use as needed. We welcome guests to use the pool while they await their check-in.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a striking, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors appreciate a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 92/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub less than a block away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in the Spring Islands Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Spring Islands Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about transportation and getting around.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Guests can enjoy an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events. Refresh and relax with the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy drinks.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional conveniences to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Spring Islands Collection unit comes with two assigned on-site parking spots in our off-street parking area monitored by camera 24/7. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions, and the Spring Islands Collection has a dog run for guests traveling with their family pets. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Splash Zone Waterpark are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: Charge may apply
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area vacation property experience:
How to get the best value:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Finding the perfect rental home in Charleston:
- First, have your group commit to a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Boutique Home & Resort Pool ‘Tuckertown’ has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before you book the property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
More tips for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your phone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To make certain damages are not attributed to your visit, make note of any problem areas upon check in. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an incredible source for finding the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to make sure you did not forget any personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles