- As low as $490/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- HDTV with cable/satellite service
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- On the lake
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Security system
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
This stately 3-story historic Charleston home in the heart of Charleston. Sleep up to 10 people and it comes with 2 complimentary parking spaces. Located 2 blocks from King street. You walk or take a pedal cab to wherever you want to go. You will be in the middle of downtown Charleston with abundance of stores and eateries. City Market and Colonial Lake are only 5 mins. walking.
This 3-story Greek Revival style home offers:
A living area with 55-inch HDTV
A galley entirely-equipped kitchen.
A dining area with dining table for up to eight, with 2 separate stools.
There are 4 bedrooms plus 1 guest room, all King beds. Your booking is for 4 bedroom only. The reason I want to rent out only 4 bedrooms is to keep a modest group. However, if your group needs to upgrade to 5 bedrooms, we can add the 5th bedroom for additional charge $50/nighttime. There is 1 queen couch sleeper in living room. All linens are supplied. Queen linens sheet set is included if group is 11 or 12 people.
First floor: bedroom with king size bed. Living/Dining room. Half bath. Kitchen. Queen sleeper in living room.
Second floor: bedrooms with king-size bed. Cavernous en-suite bathroom inside 2nd floor master bedroom.
Third floor: bedrooms with king-size bed. Roomy en-suite bathroom inside 3rd floor master bedroom.
The 2 full baths are upstairs and they are located inside each master bedrooms so guests will have to go to master bedrooms to access the bathrooms.
Washer and dryer are in third floor bathroom.
Extra charge: $15 per guest per nighttime for group over 6 people (as shown in price breakdown).
Includes two off street parking spaces. Downtown parking is $20/day so you are saving a lot with 2 complimentary parking. Early check in/Late check out: $25/hour.
The home has tall ceiling, antique heart pine wood floor, and big windows in every rooms. Guests have no access to 2nd floor porch and locked areas.
This is an old home with basic accommodation. This is not a luxury rental. Security camera on site. The home was constructed in 1852 (pre civil war) with a lot of historic charms. It is not a event home. No grille allowed. This is an old home with old home smell, creaking wood floor, traffic noise… so please don’t expect a lot. The nightly rate is priced accordingly due to the condition of the home. This is a basic place for you to sleep after spending a long day outside. Charleston is diversified and this is a mixed-income neighborhood which has high levels of racial, ethnic and income diversity. The home is next to a middle and low income housing complex. If you expect for a ideal rental, please book a hotel in historic downtown.
About the Area
Located on a lake, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. The Riviera Theater and Gibbes Museum of Art are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston City Market and Pink House Gallery. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Motor boating and fishing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Charleston vacation rental tips and tricks:
Get the most from your rental budget:
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to select the perfect vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select a group leader, select your dates, and select a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. 4 Bedrooms in Downtown - 2 Blocks to King Street - Free Parking has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is suitable for your vacation group.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must book a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks ruin your vacation.
- During arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected everything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.2 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.4 miles
- City Market - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.5 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.5 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.5 miles