- As low as $1,137/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Video games
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2000 sq ft (186 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2000 square feet
Welcome to "The Palms of Charleston," this historic home with a striking huge courtyard is just one block to King Street!
- Boasts a impressive, enormous courtyard and private porch with wicker seating.
- Easily walk to the best eateries, nightlife, and shopping.
- 55in 4K intelligent TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime video, ESPN+, Disney+ streaming included.
- Super Nintendo with EVERY game from your childhood!
- Includes luxury Saatva beds; these are handmade and extremely comfortable.
- Has a washer + dryer.
- Parking offsite for 2 cars is available.
Renovated in 2021, this historic antebellum home has been transformed into "The Palms," a luxury Boho Chic getaway that features a gorgeous courtyard for outdoor gatherings. This property is just one block to King Street where all types of dining and shopping are located!
**Please note the property is divided into 3 Suites that share the common courtyard spaces**
This listing is for two adjacent Suites with a total of 4 bedrooms located on the second and third floors. Each Suite has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a full kitchen and living room. They share a private porch which overlooks the courtyard.
- Second floor - Full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances + breakfast bar, living room with intelligent TV, and half bath
- Third Floor - 1 King bedroom and 1 Queen bedroom share a luxury Jack and Jill bathroom complete with rainfall shower head and LED mirror
- Porch made of Brazilian wood with luxury wicker furnishings with a view of the courtyard
- Custom outdoor dining table
- Teak rocking chairs and porch swing
- Stone outdoor bar
- Corn hole & Connect 4
Guests access The Penthouse by walking through the courtyard and up to the second level porch. Suite B is on the left and Suite C is on the right. Access is supplied with a unique key code.
This home is in one of the most vibrant and walkable areas in Charleston. It is one block from King Street, where some of the city's most famed eateries are just a step away. Nightlife begins literally around the corner. Convenient to all tourist attractions. This home is tucked away with a private entrance and courtyard in an extremely safe area.
Easily walk to the eateries, nightlife, and shopping of Upper King St and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Uber or Lyft around town or to the airport.
DASH is a complimentary shuttle service that accepts riders to discover the peninsula. Two of the routes have stops just around the corner. Visit the DASH website for a route map and more information.
Other Things to Note:
Please note that there will be construction at our neighboring property. While we expect peaceful hours to be upheld, there will be some construction noise during daytime hours.
The Penthouse Suites are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building - stairs required. Suite A is on the ground floor and is occupied by other guests. While The Penthouse is very private, the courtyard is shared with the other guests.
There are excessive noise monitors on the property - please respect your fellow guests and the 11pm city mandated noise curfew.
For security purposes only, there are two outdoor cameras that monitor the patio and brick alley.
Two complimentary parking spaces are supplied at an off site parking lot located on the same block as the home.
Interaction with Guests:
As locals to Charleston we appreciate showing off our alluring city. We know you will appreciate the The Palms and are available to help make your stay as magnificent as possible, so please feel complimentary to reach out!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston area rental home tips and tricks:
Getting the most from your spending budget:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your rental in the Spring or Fall to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your rental search:
- Select your vacation dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Penthouse with Courtyard - 1 BLOCK TO KING ST! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible online. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before booking the vacation home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to work out what bed configuration is optimal for your vacation group.
- If your group is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Have a great stay:
- Put the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of issues.
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect your property!
- To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas during arrival. Contact the host right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, remember to take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on good reviews to stimulate new bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.0 miles
Ready to book Penthouse with Courtyard - 1 BLOCK TO KING ST!?Book Online Get Information Call: