- As low as $1,023/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Video games
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2000 sq ft (186 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Welcome to "The Palms of Charleston" - this historic home with a impressive huge courtyard is just one block to King St!
- Stunning, enormous courtyard and private porch with wicker seating
- Walk to the best eateries, nightlife, and shopping
- 55in 4K intelligent TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime video, ESPN+, Disney+ streaming supplied
- Super Nintendo with EVERY game from your childhood!
- Luxury Saatva beds, handmade and extremely comfortable
- Washer + dryer
- Parking offsite for 2 cars
Renovated in 2021, this historic antebellum home has been transformed into "The Palms" - a luxury Boho Chic getaway that features a striking courtyard for outdoor gathering. All just one block to King St!
**Please note the property is divided into 3 Suites that share the common courtyard spaces**
This listing is for two adjacent Suites with a total of 4 bedrooms located on the second and third floors. Each Suite has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a full kitchen and living room. They share a private porch which overlooks the courtyard.
- Second floor - Full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances + breakfast bar, living room with intelligent TV, and half bath
- Third Floor - 1 King bedroom and 1 Queen bedroom share a luxury Jack and Jill bathroom complete with rainfall shower head and LED mirror
- Porch made of Brazilian wood with luxury wicker furnishings with a view of the courtyard
- Custom outdoor dining table
- Teak rocking chairs and porch swing
- Stone outdoor bar
- Corn hole & Connect 4
- Mural by local artist
Guests access The Penthouse by walking through the courtyard and up to the second level porch. Suite B is on the left and Suite C is on the right. Access is supplied with a unique key code.
This home is in one of the most vibrant and walkable areas in Charleston. It is one block from King Street, where some of the city's most famed eateries are just a step away. Nightlife begins literally around the corner. Convenient to all tourist attractions. This home is tucked away with a private entrance and courtyard in an extremely safe area.
Easily walk to the eateries, nightlife, and shopping of Upper King St and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Uber or Lyft around town or to the airport.
DASH is a complimentary shuttle service that accepts riders to discover the peninsula. Two of the routes have stops just around the corner. Visit the DASH website for a route map and more information.
Other Things to Note:
The Penthouse Suites are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building - stairs required. Suite A is on the ground floor and is occupied by other guests. While The Penthouse is very private, the courtyard is shared with the other guests.
There are excessive noise monitors on the property - please respect your fellow guests and the 11pm city mandated noise curfew.
For security purposes only, there are two outdoor cameras that monitor the patio and brick alley.
Two complimentary parking spaces are included at an off site parking lot located on the same block as the home.
Interaction with Guests:
As locals to Charleston we appreciate showing off our gorgeous city. We know you will appreciate the The Palms and are available to help make your stay as fabulous as possible, so please feel complimentary to reach out!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Finding your perfect rental:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal SC. Booking a rental in the Spring or Fall is a great way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable properties.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Choosing the best rental in Charleston:
- Begin by choosing your the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Penthouse with Courtyard - 1 BLOCK TO KING ST! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible online. If they are not listed, contact the property management company before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or costs could be applied to your contract.
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Record any issues with the property at check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if damages are assessed.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental property while you're away! Don't let thieves ruin your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a great stay? Most rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles