- As low as $399/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Video games
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2000 sq ft (186 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2000 square feet
Welcome to "The Palms of Charleston" - this historic home with a impressive enormous courtyard is just one block to King St!
- Stunning, sizable courtyard and private porch with wicker seating
- Walk to the best eateries, nightlife, and shopping
- 55in 4K intelligent TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime video, ESPN+, Disney+ streaming included
- Super Nintendo with EVERY game from your childhood!
- Luxury Saatva beds, handmade and extremely comfortable
- Washer + dryer
- Parking offsite for 2 cars
Renovated in 2021, this historic antebellum home has been transformed into "The Palms" - a luxury Boho Chic getaway that features a striking courtyard for outdoor gathering. All just one block to King St!
**Please note the property is divided into 3 Suites that share the common courtyard spaces**
This listing is for two adjacent Suites with a total of 4 bedrooms located on the second and third floors. Each Suite has 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a full kitchen and living room. They share a private porch which overlooks the courtyard.
- Second floor - Full size kitchen with stainless steel appliances + breakfast bar, living room with intelligent TV, and half bath
- Third Floor - 1 King bedroom and 1 Queen bedroom share a luxury Jack and Jill bathroom complete with rainfall shower head and LED mirror
- Porch made of Brazilian wood with luxury wicker furnishings with a view of the courtyard
- Custom outdoor dining table
- Teak rocking chairs and porch swing
- Stone outdoor bar
- Corn hole & Connect 4
Guests access The Penthouse by walking through the courtyard and up to the second level porch. Suite B is on the left and Suite C is on the right. Access is supplied with a unique key code.
This home is in one of the most vibrant and walkable areas in Charleston. It is one block from King Street, where some of the city's most famed eateries are just a step away. Nightlife begins literally around the corner. Convenient to all tourist attractions. This home is tucked away with a private entrance and courtyard in an extremely safe area.
Easily walk to the eateries, nightlife, and shopping of Upper King St and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Uber or Lyft around town or to the airport.
DASH is a complimentary shuttle service that accepts riders to discover the peninsula. Two of the routes have stops just around the corner. Visit the DASH website for a route map and more information.
Other Things to Note:
Please note that there will be construction at our neighboring property. While we expect peaceful hours to be upheld, there will be some construction noise during daytime hours.
The Penthouse Suites are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building - stairs required. Suite A is on the ground floor and is occupied by other guests. While The Penthouse is very private, the courtyard is shared with the other guests.
There are excessive noise monitors on the property - please respect your fellow guests and the 11pm city mandated noise curfew.
For security purposes only, there are two outdoor cameras that monitor the patio and brick alley.
This is not an event space. No events or events are allowed on the premises. No unregistered guests allowed.
Two complimentary parking spaces are supplied at an off site parking lot located on the same block as the home.
Interaction with Guests:
As locals to Charleston we savor showing off our gorgeous city. We know you will adore the The Palms and are available to help make your stay as marvelous as possible, so please feel complimentary to reach out!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston vacation rental home tips and tricks:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- To get the best rental home for your budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular attractions. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides have deals for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Finding the best rental home in Charleston:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Penthouse with Courtyard - 1 BLOCK TO KING ST! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you reserve your rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or might be applied to your agreement.
Considerations for your stay:
- We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any damages to the property at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a great source for finding the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Many rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles