- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking areas
- Note from host: Outdoor smoking only
- Pet friendly
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Beach? Downtown? Lowcountry experience? You don't have to compromise at Sandy Oaks! Bring your furry friend to appreciate the cavernous, entirely fenced-in backyard, sip wine on the deck, and play foosball in the game room. Located 5 miles to Folly Beach and only 10 mins. to downtown Charleston, Sandy Oaks is centrally located on James Island with access to tons of eateries and activities. Recently remodeled, the 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath home is outfitted with kitchen equipment and outdoor entertainment.
The deck was added in 2018 and has plenty of seating and a propane grille. Pick up some smores and tell stories around the fire pit in the backyard! The home comes supplied with a first-day supply of toiletries and coffee as well. There are 4 intelligent TV's in the home, and complimentary Netflix and Amazon Prime is supplied.
The entire home and yard is available for your enjoyment.
Other things to note
Family Animals are welcomed (2 pet max.) with a $75 fee, regardless of length of stay. There are some toys and feeding bowls available at the home too.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Historic Rice Mill and St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church. Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: $75/stay, 2 pet maximum
Tips to get the perfect rental experience:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is an excellent way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guide magazines contain coupons for nearby tours and attractions.
Choosing the perfect rental in Charleston:
- Begin by choosing vacation dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Sandy Oaks: The Best of Both Worlds! has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property manager before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what bed configuration is optimal for your trip.
- Is your group looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or applied to your invoice.
More considerations for your visit:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- At departure, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property manager was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- James Island County Park - 1.7 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.6 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.0 miles
- City Marina - 4.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles