- As low as $88/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking areas
- Note from host: Outdoor smoking only
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 8
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Smoking permitted
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Beach? Downtown? Lowcountry experience? You don't have to compromise at Sandy Oaks! Bring your furry friend to appreciate the cavernous, completely fenced-in backyard, sip wine on the deck, and play foosball in the game room. Located 5 miles to Folly Beach and only 10 mins. to downtown Charleston, Sandy Oaks is centrally located on James Island with access to tons of eateries and activities. Recently remodeled, the 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath home is supplied with kitchen equipment and outdoor entertainment.
The deck was added in 2018 and has plenty of seating and a propane grille. Pick up some smores and tell stories around the fire pit in the backyard! The home comes supplied with a first-day supply of toiletries and coffee as well. There are 4 intelligent TV's in the home, and complimentary Netflix and Amazon Prime is supplied.
The entire home and yard is available for your enjoyment.
Other things to note
Animals are welcomed (2 pet max.) with a $75 fee, regardless of length of stay. There are some toys and feeding bowls available at the home too.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. Historic Rice Mill and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum. South Carolina Aquarium and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Rental home booking tips:
Cost saving strategies:
- To find the best value, shift your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer pleasant weather, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation property up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Some owners offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guides have coupons for local accommodations and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First, have your family decide on trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group needs. Sandy Oaks: The Best of Both Worlds! has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly available on booking pages. Otherwise, contact the property management company before reserving the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before booking
- Some rentals allow pets, and some do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Upon check-in, make note of any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to make sure you didn't leave anything behind. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental managers make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- James Island County Park - 1.7 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.6 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.0 miles
- City Marina - 4.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles