- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking areas
- Note from host: Outdoor smoking only
- Pet friendly
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Beach? Downtown? Lowcountry experience? You don't have to compromise at Sandy Oaks! Bring your furry friend to appreciate the roomy, completely fenced-in backyard, sip wine on the deck, and play foosball in the game room. Located 5 miles to Folly Beach and only 10 mins. to downtown Charleston, Sandy Oaks is centrally located on James Island with access to tons of eateries and activities. Recently refreshed, the 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath home is outfitted with kitchen equipment and outdoor entertainment.
The deck was added in 2018 and has plenty of seating and a propane grille. Pick up some smores and tell stories around the fire pit in the backyard! The home comes supplied with a first-day supply of toiletries and coffee as well. There are 4 intelligent TV's in the home, and complimentary Netflix and Amazon Prime is included.
The entire home and yard is available for your enjoyment.
Other things to note
Family Animals are welcomed (2 pet max.) with a $75 fee, regardless of length of stay. There are some toys and feeding bowls available at the home too.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Historic Rice Mill and Joseph Manigault House. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the very best rental home experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Summertime is high season in Charleston. To find the best value, consider shifting your family's Charleston area trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to select the best rental home in the Charleston area area:
- Select a group leader, select your trip dates, and choose a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Sandy Oaks: The Best of Both Worlds! has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available online. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before you book the home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is right for your vacation family.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or may be applied to your agreement.
Advice for your stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home. Store the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic resource to find the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Upon check-out, complete a final walk-through to make sure you didn't forget any personal items. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did your family have a wonderful time? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- James Island County Park - 1.7 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.6 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.0 miles
- City Marina - 4.0 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.0 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.1 miles