- As low as $323/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 492 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 492 square feet
This is a full-service resort. Your check-in procedures will model that of a hotel and your room number will be assigned during check in.
SHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your vacations here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, huge and utterly majestic!
Approximately 492-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot only, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable TV, coffee maker, microwave, and mini refrigerator.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. and check-out time is 10 a.m. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking. Cost: $33 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $38 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Handicap parking in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St., or metered street parking, with a valid sticker or placard is complimentary, however the owner must park their own car. If someone with a handicap placard or sticker wishes to valet, they are subject to the same Owner/Non-Owner daily prices. Owners and guests may self-park in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day without moving the car. After midnight or when the car is moved out and back into the garage, the clock resets and $2/hour, max $18/day rate begins. One car per reservation. No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or upsized cars allowed. The resort is not responsible for any damages to cars while in the public parking garage.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
About the Area
This condo is located in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston City Market and Old Slave Mart Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the very best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Finding your perfect rental:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. Reserve your rental property in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Some property managers offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by choosing your the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. The Lodge Alley Inn™ - Stunning 1 Bedroom has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is normally available on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property owner before you reserve the rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property manager about pet restrictions before booking.
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are valuable if there is a dispute.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent many difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Upon check-out, take a walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on great ratings to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles