- As low as $373/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- 5 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Flat-screen TV with cable/satellite service
- Free WiFi
- Gas grill
- Heated pool
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Private pool
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2944 sq ft (274 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2944 square feet
All 2023-2024 reservations will receive $250 credit toward beach gear units! *applies for stays 3-14 nights only
* BR 1: 1 King, BR 2: 1 King, BR 3: 1 King, BR 4:1 King, BR 5: 4 Twins; Sleeps 12, Private Pool, High-End Unique Home, Screen Porch, Gas grille, Folly Beach
Welcome to The Fish- you have found your modern day Shangri-La! This home was inspired by beach vacations, surfing trips, and travels throughout Southeast Asia and we are happy share our wanderlust with you.
Every space and everything you find in this 2,900+ sq. ft. home will be fresh and pristine for your enjoyment. There will be plenty of room to lounge and relax in the 2 roomy indoor living areas, 5 bedrooms with 4 king beds - 3 of which are Master Bedrooms Suites - a Bunkroom that sleeps 4, an Office, Kitchen with all new appliances, Dining room to seat all of your guests, Screen porch, Outdoor lounge with dining room, 2 Outdoor showers, and a Private Pool.
Your worries will leave you and your spirit will be renewed at The Fish.
Walk up the front staircase to enter into the living room that opens into the kitchen and dining areas. A screen porch with lounge and dining room is located off the interior dining room. This home welcomes guests and entertaining is as simple as living at the beach here. The Kitchen features all new appliances and is completely supplied to prepare the ideal meal. The dining rooms provide enough elbow room and seating for all your guests. Living room has a enormous flat screen TV and comfortable seating to watch a movie or the big game. Appreciate Sonos with surround sound to set the mood for the dinner event or not miss a single play of that game.
Head down the hall to the half bathroom and laundry room with washer and dryer, both off of the kitchen. Across from the laundry room is the first of 3 master bedrooms. The First Floor Master has 1 king bed, oversize walk-in closet, and en-suite full bathroom. Full bathroom has a double vanity, freestanding soaking tub, and a sizable full glass shower complete with 2 shower heads.
On the second floor, there are 4 additional bedrooms and a loft. This sitting area is outfitted with another huge, flat screen TV. If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance that you are needing to work while on vacation, we have you covered. There is an office space in bedroom 2, which also has 1 king bed. The Jack-and-Jill full bathroom with a tub/shower combo is shared between bedroom 2 and the loft area. The kids are going to appreciate the bunk room in bedroom 3 to sleep 4 people! Bedrooms 4 and 5 are the other master bedrooms. Each has a king bed with its own bathroom suite. Each of these full bathrooms has a double vanity and walk-in shower. Books abound in every bedroom because what is better than sunshine and good reads. Take a book or leave something worthy of sharing. (Can't find what your needing, check out the coolest public library just down the road.)
Head outside to the private pool for the whole family to savor! Pool has optional heat for an additional fee. [NOTICE: Pool heating amenities is unavailable during the months of December, January, and February.] Splash around all day in the pool, grille out in the covered grille station, overlooking the pool. Two Outdoor shower stalls are attractively located for privacy yet are located next to the pool so you can shower off your sandy toes prior to jumping in!
The Fish is only a 10-12 min. walk to the beach and about a 7-10 min. walk to Center Street, where all unique, local Folly Beach stores, eateries, and entertainment are located. Public beach accesses are found on either side of the Charleston Oceanfront Villas complex (big yellow complex next to The Tides hotel), and on every block and half block down the island. Popular downtown Charleston is also only a 20-25 min. drive from this property. Visit museums, art galleries, world-class eateries and stores, or take a history or ghost tour. Depending upon your timing catch a Riverdogs Baseball game, Stingrays Hockey Game, or Charleston Battery Match. Don't forget to check out local venues like The Charleston Music Hall, Music Farm, Charleston Performing Arts Center, or The Pour House- stars do align and you may just happen to catch some great tunes while away.
Parking available in the driveway and underneath the home. Modern conveniences such as complimentary WIFI, all new appliances, entirely outfitted kitchen, linens, bath towels, cable TV, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, central heat and air, and more are all included conveniences at the home.
Karma Please! The Fish is stringently non-smoking and not pet friendly. Must be 25 years old or older to rent. Absolutely NO home events, youth groups, fraternities, sororities, bachelor/bachelorette events, etc. allowed in the home. Property is in a residential neighborhood with a noise ordinance.
Folly Beach Business License #235553
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Sunset Point, a neighborhood in Folly Beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Folly Island Beaches and Folly Beach County Park, while American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Charleston vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
Getting the best value:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our favorite way to save money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts and property managers offer rate reductions for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines have coupons for nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
How to select the best rental in the Charleston area area:
- To start, have your group decide on a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. Most Unique High-End Luxury Rental w/Private Pool On Folly Beach! has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you reserve the home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or charges may be applied to your contract.
- If there's an individual Charleston area beach you are crazy about, browse rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Know before you go:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, intercom or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of problems.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if damages are assessed.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed everything on check-out day. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on great feedback to inspire future bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.