About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2944 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
All 2022 reservations will receive $250 credit toward beach gear units! *applies for stays 3-14 nights only
* BR 1: 1 King, BR 2: 1 King, BR 3: 1 King, BR 4:1 King, BR 5: 4 Twins; Sleeps 12, Private Pool, High-End Unique Home, Screen Porch, Gas grille, Folly Beach
Welcome to The Fish- you have found your modern day Shangri-La! This home was inspired by beach vacations, surfing trips, and travels throughout Southeast Asia and we are happy share our wanderlust with you.
Every space and everything you find in this 2,900+ sq. ft. home will be fresh and pristine for your enjoyment. There will be plenty of room to lounge and relax in the 2 roomy indoor living areas, 5 bedrooms with 4 king beds - 3 of which are Master Bedrooms Suites - a Bunkroom that sleeps 4, an Office, Kitchen with all new appliances, Dining room to seat all of your guests, Screen porch, Outdoor lounge with dining room, 2 Outdoor showers, and a Private Pool.
Your worries will leave you and your spirit will be renewed at The Fish.
Walk up the front staircase to enter into the living room that opens into the kitchen and dining areas. A screen porch with lounge and dining room is located off the interior dining room. This home welcomes guests and entertaining is as simple as living at the beach here. The Kitchen features all new appliances and is completely outfitted to prepare the ideal meal. The dining rooms provide enough elbow room and seating for all your guests. Living room has a enormous flat screen TV and comfortable seating to watch a movie or the big game. Appreciate Sonos with surround sound to set the mood for the dinner event or not miss a single play of that game.
Head down the hall to the half bathroom and laundry room with washer and dryer, both off of the kitchen. Across from the laundry room is the first of 3 master bedrooms. The First Floor Master has 1 king bed, oversize walk-in closet, and en-suite full bathroom. Full bathroom has a double vanity, freestanding soaking tub, and a huge full glass shower complete with 2 shower heads.
On the second floor, there are 4 additional bedrooms and a loft. This sitting area is outfitted with another sizable, flat screen TV. If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance that you are needing to work while on vacation, we have you covered. There is an office space in bedroom 2, which also has 1 king bed. The Jack-and-Jill full bathroom with a tub/shower combo is shared between bedroom 2 and the loft area. The kids are going to appreciate the bunk room in bedroom 3 to sleep 4 people! Bedrooms 4 and 5 are the other master bedrooms. Each has a king bed with its own bathroom suite. Each of these full bathrooms has a double vanity and walk-in shower. Books abound in every bedroom because what is better than sunshine and good reads. Take a book or leave something worthy of sharing. (Can't find what your needing, check out the coolest public library just down the road.)
Head outside to the private pool for the whole family to savor! Pool has optional heat for an additional fee. [NOTICE: Pool heating amenities is unavailable during the months of December, January, and February.] Splash around all day in the pool, grille out in the covered grille station, overlooking the pool. Two Outdoor shower stalls are appealingly located for privacy yet are located next to the pool so you can shower off your sandy toes prior to jumping in!
The Fish is only a 10-12 min. walk to the beach and about a 7-10 min. walk to Center Street, where all unique, local Folly Beach stores, eateries, and entertainment are located. Public beach accesses are found on either side of the Charleston Oceanfront Villas complex (big yellow complex next to The Tides hotel), and on every block and half block down the island. Popular downtown Charleston is also only a 20-25 min. drive from this property. Visit museums, art galleries, world-class eateries and stores, or take a history or ghost tour. Depending upon your timing catch a Riverdogs Baseball game, Stingrays Hockey Game, or Charleston Battery Match. Don't forget to check out local venues like The Charleston Music Hall, Music Farm, Charleston Performing Arts Center, or The Pour House- stars do align and you may just happen to catch some great tunes while away.
Parking available in the driveway and underneath the home. Modern conveniences such as complimentary WIFI, all new appliances, entirely supplied kitchen, linens, bath towels, cable TV, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, central heat and air, and more are all supplied conveniences at the home.
Karma Please! The Fish is stringently non-smoking and not pet friendly. Must be 25 years old or older to rent. Absolutely NO home events, youth groups, fraternities, sororities, bachelor/bachelorette events, etc. allowed in the home. Property is in a residential neighborhood with a noise ordinance.
Folly Beach Business License #235553
About the Area
Located near the beach, this vacation home is in Sunset Point, a neighborhood in Folly Beach. Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Folly Beach County Park and Sunrise Park Beach. Splash Zone Waterpark and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best Charleston area vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Book your Charleston area rental in Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose and book the best Charleston area vacation home:
- First and foremost, have your group agree to the best dates and a budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Most Unique High-End Luxury Rental w/Private Pool On Folly Beach! has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available online. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before reserving your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's an individual Charleston area beach you love, keep an eye out for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
Have a great stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Note any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be a fantastic resource to find the best local restaurants, beaches, and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on good reviews to inspire new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.