- As low as $899/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Unwind in luxury at Charleston’s ONLY ADA compliant short-term rental. Recently constructed in 2022 the Mediterranean Palm, part of The Palm Club Collection, was designed with accessibility in mind offering a wheelchair ramp, single floor layout, and ADA compliant bedroom/bathroom. Make the most of your stay in the comfortable living room, entirely outfitted kitchen with enormous island seating for 6, and cavernous bedrooms with modern amenities including intelligent TVs.
The Mediterranean Palm of the Palm Club Collection is one of 7 vacation villas with a shared cozy outdoor patio. This unit is an ADA compliant, single floor vacation villa unlike any other in the heart of downtown. Within a short walking distance of King St. and located in the gorgeous Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood guests are sure to savor diverse dining options and exceptional experiences. Tucked off the street and at the back of the property the Mediterranean Palm is the ideal space for guests to escape city noise in privacy, rest, and relax after exploring Charleston.
The Mediterranean Palm at The Palm Club accommodates up to 12 guests between 4 bedrooms, 4 baths.
Flex Bedroom Suite #1 – King bed (or two twins) + Ensuite spa style bathroom with ADA compliant features
Flex Bedroom #2 – King bed (or two twins) + Ensuite spa style bathroom
Bedroom #3 – King bed + Ensuite bathroom
Bedroom #4 – King bed + Ensuite bathroom
Living Room – King-sized luxury memory foam sleeper couch
*All ‘Flex’ rooms can be converted from King beds to two twins when requested*
Appreciate the accessible layout, private entrance, and vibrant neighborhood all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at the Mediterranean Palm.
Permit # 04402
Mediterranean Palm not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each Town & Island Co. unit is equipped with coded lock and unique codes that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Town & Island Co. managers for assistance with suitcases storage options.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a striking, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors appreciate a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 97/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub just a few blocks away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in The Palm Club Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts each year there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Palm Club Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about getting around town.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Refresh and relax at the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy drinks. Guests can also enjoy an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional luxury to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Palm Club Collection unit D - G comes with one assigned on-site parking spot near the unit’s entrance and a residential street parking pass for one car. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their family pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
We do not allow any installations of wall hangings, due to damage to the walls and/or wallpaper in the unit. Evidence of any wall hangings will be deducted from the security deposit.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: Free
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best value, shift your family's Charleston area vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby shops and restaurants.
Planning, selecting, and booking the right Charleston area vacation home:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. ADA Compliant Villa - 'The Mediterranean Palm’ has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before booking the home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must book a property that allows animals. Get specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- Are you looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental.
During your stay:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, television set or coffee maker. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many problems.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let thieves ruin your trip.
- Record any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Double-check the property to confirm that you've packed everything on check-out day. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on great feedback to inspire future bookings. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles