- As low as $1,502/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
- 4 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2580 square feet
Stay at The Dunes on Spring, our attractively modernized 1905 Charleston Victorian duplex home in the heart of Cannonborough. Just 2 blocks from King Street, this elegant property features nearly 2600 square feet of ideally designed space. The front home offers 3 full-sized bedrooms with two king beds and one queen bed, 2.5 bathrooms, full couch bed, and twin day bed. The back unit offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and 1 bathroom with tub. Private, off-street parking for 3 cars.
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under:
79A Spring: STR Operational Permit OP2022-02530
79B Spring: STR Operational Permit OP2022-02531
Stay at our handsomely remodeled flagship property under The Dunes brand. We acquired this 1905 Charleston Victorian duplex home in the heart of the trendy and trendy Cannonborough neighborhood in September 2019 and completely refreshed it with professional interior design just finished in January 2022.
Just 2 blocks from King Street, this historic property features nearly 2600 square feet of wonderfully designed space. The front home offers 3 full-sized bedrooms with two king beds and one queen bed, 2.5 bathrooms, a full couch bed, and a twin day bed. The back unit offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and 1 bathroom with tub.
⭐️ The 3-bedroom front unit is 1850 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, as well as a dining room with day bed and living room with a queen couch bed.
⭐️ The kitchen comes equipped with refrigerator and dishwasher and a gas range that is ideal for cooking and entertaining.
⭐️ The rear unit is 730 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. This bright and sunny unit is in the rear of the property and offers guests peaceful privacy.
⭐️ Both units have their own laundry room.
⭐️ Guests savor complimentary hotel bed linens, towels, toiletries, dish & laundry detergent, hairdryers & straightener, iron & ironing board, additional blankets and pillows, cookware, bakeware, dishware, glasses, TP, paper towels, coffee maker and coffee supplies, Cable & WiFi, and painless keypad check-in and check-out as with all of our CVP properties!
⭐️ No events or events are allowed at this property.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are multiple convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Guests will have access to the ENTIRE PROPERTY (both Unit A & Unit B) and will have all of the essentials you need during your stay. There are three parking spaces available back-to-back in the paved oyster shell driveway in the rear of the building. Please let us know if you need additional parking.
The home is located in the heart of the impressive and trendy Cannonborough district of Downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun and or calming vacation. Popular dining spots include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, R Kitchen, Estadio, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. The home is mins. to the very fashionable Upper King Street district where you will find a multitude of great stores, book stores, and fashion stores - as well as striking eateries!
The driveway will comfortably fit three cars back-to-back.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that this property does contain external security cameras at the driveway and entryways for your protection.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best Charleston vacation property experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking in the Fall or Spring is a great way to save on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides contain coupons for local tours and attractions.
Choosing and booking a perfectvacation home:
- Select vacation dates and maximum budget.
- 2 Blocks To King has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed types is regularly available on booking pages. If not, call the property owner before reserving your home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is right for your trip.
- If your family is traveling with pets, filter your search for a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, keep an eye out for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Get the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would back home.
- During check-in, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, remember to take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Did you have a wonderful time? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles