About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2580 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Stay at The Dunes on Spring, our gorgeously modernized 1905 Charleston Victorian duplex home in the heart of Cannonborough. Just 2 blocks from King Street, this handsome property features nearly 2600 square feet of ideally designed space. The front home offers 3 full-sized bedrooms with two king beds and one queen bed, 2.5 bathrooms, full couch bed, and twin day bed. The back unit offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and 1 bathroom with tub. Private, off-street parking for 3 cars.
This unit is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under:
79A Spring: STR Operational Permit OP2021-01624 and business license BL019338
79B Spring: STR Operational Permit OP2021-01625 and business license BL019339
Stay at our attractively refreshed flagship property under The Dunes brand. We acquired this 1905 Charleston Victorian duplex home in the heart of the trendy and trendy Cannonborough neighborhood in September 2019 and completely remodeled it with professional interior design just finished in January 2022.
Just 2 blocks from King Street, this historic property features nearly 2600 square feet of wonderfully designed space. The front home offers 3 full-sized bedrooms with two king beds and one queen bed, 2.5 bathrooms, a full couch bed, and a twin day bed. The back unit offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and 1 bathroom with tub.
⭐️ The 3-bedroom front unit is 1850 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, as well as a dining room with day bed and living room with a queen couch bed.
⭐️ The kitchen comes equipped with refrigerator and dishwasher and a gas range that is ideal for cooking and entertaining.
⭐️ The rear unit is 730 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. This bright and sunny unit is in the rear of the property and offers guests peaceful privacy.
⭐️ Both units have their own laundry room.
⭐️ Guests appreciate complimentary hotel bed linens, towels, toiletries, dish & laundry detergent, hairdryers & straightener, iron & ironing board, additional blankets and pillows, cookware, bakeware, dishware, glasses, TP, paper towels, coffee maker and coffee supplies, Cable & WiFi, and painless keypad check-in and check-out as with all of our CVP properties!
⭐️ No events or events are allowed at this property.
Guests will have access to the ENTIRE PROPERTY (both Unit A & Unit B) and will have all of the essentials you need during your stay. There are three parking spaces available back-to-back in the paved oyster shell driveway in the rear of the building. Please let us know if you need additional parking.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough district of Downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun and or calming vacation. Popular dining spots include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, R Kitchen, Estadio, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. The home is mins. to the very fashionable Upper King Street district where you will find a multitude of great stores, book stores, and fashion stores - as well as striking eateries!
The driveway will comfortably fit three cars back-to-back.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
During these times of uncertainty with COVID-19, Charleston Vacation Properties is taking additional precautions to ensure that you leave our properties as happy and healthy as you were when you arrived. We take great pride in our incredible cleaning team and all of the hard work that they do in order to keep you and your adored ones safe. Our cleaning team methodically and meticulously cleans each property after checkout from top to bottom, covering all surfaces, doors, appliances, furnishings, linens, floors, stairs, and more. We use top quality cleaning supplies and each member of our team goes through broad training to understand and execute every step of our cleaning process. Thank you for entrusting us to host your friends and family for your trip to our striking city of Charleston!
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $1,000.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that this property does contain external security cameras at the driveway and entryways for your protection.
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the best Charleston vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Booking your Charleston area vacation home in the Spring or Fall is a good way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines have offers and deals for nearby accommodations and attractions.
Choosing the perfect vacation home in Charleston:
- Begin by selecting vacation dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. CHIC RENOVATED VICTORIAN DUPLEX?2 BLOCKS TO KING has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally accessible online. If not, call the property management company before you book the vacation property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you crave, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about your furry family members before booking.
Advice for your stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your . Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Make a record of any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent lots of difficulties.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental property while you are out! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a terrific vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles