- As low as $162/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
One of three distinct spaces in a elegant Charleston Single Style home, Pond is a pristine second-floor suite that will have you experiencing Southern comfort in style. Walk up the breezy porch, enter the shared front door, and head upstairs to find a classic living space with an elevated design. Two bedrooms provide plenty of room to settle in, while the kitchen features a comfortable dining nook and everything you need to create a culinary masterpiece. Outside, the heart of Charleston is less than a ten-min. drive away, while numerous cafes and eateries are available within walking distance. If you need more room than just one suite, we have options to reserve all three spaces at this home. All the cuisine, excitement, and entertainment of the South are waiting, and Pond is ready to welcome you!
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can appreciate every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team. Whether it’s refrigerator stocking or in-home massages, AvantStay offers a variety of upgrades & experiences to enhance your stay.
Local Attractions: Tempest Charleston, 82 Queen, FIG, Rainbow Row, Charleston Aquarium, Patriots Point Museum, Folly Beach, Battery Park, Fort Sumter National Monument
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits ever. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to numerous gorgeous beaches.
- This is also available to be booked as a shared home featuring 3 kitchens and 4 bedrooms.
- 2 other units share a balcony and entrance. But this unit has a private balcony.
- This home accepts a max. of 2 family family pets. But pets must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee of $150 per pet and a deposit of $300. If undisclosed pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- This property is located on a busy four-way intersection in downtown Charleston. Rush hour traffic can be noisy. MUSC campus is down the street, expect ambulance and helicopter traffic.
- Home is an older but freshly refreshed home constructed in 1910.
- Please be aware that palmetto bugs (commonly identified as cockroaches) are common in the southeast and are very prevalent in the early winter and early summer months.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be included upon request.
There is one parking spot for this unit located at 142 President Street, which is directly across Spring Street behind the brick building. This unit has access to only one parking spot.
The room configuration is as follows:
Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Johnson Hagood Memorial Stadium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
How to get the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental & When to go:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental property six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To get the best value, try shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer excellent temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers usually offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have offers and deals for local accommodations and attractions.
How to pick the perfect vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select a designated group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration you need. Pond by AvantStay
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the host before you book the vacation property. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property manager about pets before booking.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
More tips for your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Add a note with the instructions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars ruin your holiday.
- To make sure that damages are not attributed to your family's stay, inspect the property for any problem areas when you arrive. E-mail the rental manager right away to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the property to make sure you've collected everything. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the property a final time and keep an eye out for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- City Marina - 0.4 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.9 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.0 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.0 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles