- As low as $228/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
One of three distinct spaces in a elegant Charleston Single Style home, Pond is a pristine second-floor suite that will have you experiencing Southern comfort in style. Walk up the breezy porch, enter the shared front door, and head upstairs to find a classic living space with an elevated design. Two bedrooms provide plenty of room to settle in, while the kitchen features a comfortable dining nook and everything you need to create a culinary masterpiece. Outside, the heart of Charleston is less than a ten-min. drive away, while numerous cafes and eateries are available within walking distance. If you need more room than just one suite, we have options to reserve all three spaces at this home. All the cuisine, excitement, and entertainment of the South are waiting, and Pond is ready to welcome you!
AvantStay provides an modren experience with services that elevate your stay and save time so you can appreciate every moment. Guests have access to a 24/7 support team and a tech-enabled concierge to book services, such as refrigerator stocking, mid-stay cleanings, and private chefs. For anything you need (or never knew you needed), we're at your service!
Local Attractions: Tempest Charleston, 82 Queen, FIG, Rainbow Row, Charleston Aquarium, Patriots Point Museum, Folly Beach, Battery Park, Fort Sumter National Monument
Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine! Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits ever. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple striking beaches.
- This is also available to be booked as a shared home featuring 3 kitchens and 4 bedrooms.
- 2 other units share a balcony and entrance. But this unit has a private balcony.
- Family Animals must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee of $150 per pet and a deposit of $300. If undisclosed family pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- This property is located on a busy four-way intersection in downtown Charleston. Rush hour traffic can be noisy. MUSC campus is down the street, expect ambulance and helicopter traffic.
- Home is an older but newly refreshed home constructed in 1910.
- Please be aware that palmetto bugs (commonly identified as cockroaches) are common in the southeast and are very prevalent in the early winter and early summer months.
- You must be 25 years or older to book this property.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be supplied upon request.
Please use the 3 spots located directly behind 170 Spring Street. They are accessed from the driveway at 142 President Street
The room configuration is as follows:
Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been included in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be supplied for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tips to get the very best Charleston area rental experience:
Find your perfect rental home:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Summer time is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, try changing your family's Charleston area vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host if your group qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local stories, visitor guides have deals for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Choose dates and budget.
- 10mins from French Quarter in the Iconic City of Charleston w/ Balcony has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available online. Otherwise, contact the property management company before booking the vacation home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
More tips for your visit:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- At Check-in, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your life at home. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a great stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- City Marina - 0.4 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.9 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles
- Marion Square - 1.0 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.0 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.0 miles