- As low as $372/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- DVD player
- Pool or billiards table
- 3 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Furnished patio
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- Limited onsite parking (max 7 spaces)
- Living room
- Near coin laundry
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 12
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 3000 sq ft (279 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wood stove
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Make this 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom vacation rental your home base as you discover all that Charleston has to offer. The 'James Island Folly Family Retreat' offers 3,000 square feet of living space, ideal for 1 sizable family or 2 smaller ones. The home features great amenities like a screened-in porch, a fenced-in backyard, 10 Intelligent TVs, along with an handsome location close to downtown and is only 3 miles from Folly Beach. Come experience southern comfort first hand!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Outdoor Entertainment Space | Free WiFi | Off-Street Parking
Appreciate a sun-filled vacation at the 'James Island Folly Family Retreat,' a well-appointed home fit for families, friends, and everybody in between!
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Full Beds | Bedroom 4: Full Bed | Bedroom 5: Full Bed | Parlor: Sleeper Couch
OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE: Screened-in porch w/ Intelligent TV w/ cable & ceiling fan, charcoal grilles, fenced-in backyard, furnished front patio, 2 outdoor dining tables
KITCHEN: Totally equipped, stainless steel appliances, gas stove, tea kettle, full knife set, Crock-Pot
INDOOR LIVING: 10 total Intelligent TVs w/ cable, formal living room, den w/ bar & vintage vending machine, wireless Bluetooth speaker system, family-style dining table, jetted bathtub in master bathroom
GENERAL: Fresh linens/towels, central air conditioning/heat, coin-operated washer/dryer, ceiling fans
FAQ: No events or events, maintenance worker lives on-site
PARKING: Back driveway (7 cars)
-- THE LOCATION --
ON THE COAST: Sol Legare Public Boat Landing (1.9 miles), Folly Beach (3.3 miles), Folly Beach Pier (3.3 miles), Sunset Cay Marina (4.7 miles), Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park (4.8 miles), Folly Beach County Park (5.1 miles), Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve (7.1 miles), White Point Garden (10.0 miles), Waterfront Park (11.9 miles)
CHARLESTON HOT SPOTS: The Charleston Museum (9.7 miles), Historic Charleston City Market (9.7 miles), Fort Sumter National Monument (9.9 miles), Rainbow Row (10.1 miles), South Carolina Aquarium (10.0 miles), The Battery (10.1 miles), Patriots Point (14.4 miles)
EAT + DRINK: Loggerhead's Beach Grille (3.4 miles), Snapper Jacks (3.2 miles), Taco Boy (3.2 miles), The Crab Shack (3.2 miles), Pier 101 Restuarant & Bar (3.3 miles), Lost Dog Cafe (3.1 miles), Rita's Oceanside Grille (3.3 miles)
AIRPORT: Charleston International Airport (20.9 miles)
-- REST EASY WITH US --
Evolve makes it painless to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No family pets allowed
- No events, events or enormous gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional costs and taxes may apply if the property is left in unsatisfactory condition
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: There is a 5% discount for active and retired members of the military and first responders
- NOTE: A maintenance worker lives on-site, in a separate suite with a separate entrance, and may be present during your stay
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Charleston Music Hall and Charleston Museum are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Splash Zone Waterpark and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a rental home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To find the best value, consider changing your family's Charleston area trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer excellent temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning and choosing your prefect Charleston area rental home:
- First and foremost, have your family choose date ranges and a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. Spacious Charleston Home: Only 3 Mi to Folly Beach has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, reach out to the property owner before reserving the vacation home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to work out what configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is bringing pets, you'll need to book a rental that allows animals. Get details on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
During your stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the instructions to your smartphone.
- To make certain damages are not attributed to your visit, note any problem areas during check in. Get in touch with the host right away to record any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let crooks ruin your holiday.
- On check-out day, complete a walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the manager is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did your group have a fantastic stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.