About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Welcome to Palmetto, an AvantStay home!
There are so many reasons you'll appreciate it here. For starters, this lush home is just steps from the clear blue waters of Isle of Palm's beach. But you may be tempted to spend your days swimming in the pool, playing lawn games, and dining al fresco on the broad deck. When you're not getting your toes wet, head inside to play pool or read a book in the sunroom. Just make sure to sit on the front porch's rocking chairs and drink sweet tea (or sweet drinks) for the full Southern experience. Y'all have fun!
Nearby Attractions: Isle of Palms Beach, Barrier Island Ecotours, Deep Water Vineyard, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Charleston Fun Park, Mount Pleasant Town Centre, Tidalwave Watersports, Fly In Helicopter Tours, Cafe Paname.
Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple impressive beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Family Animals must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee of $150 per pet and a deposit of $300. If undisclosed family pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Please note that the garden maintenance takes place every Friday.
- Please note that the pool is cleaned weekly by maintenance staff.
- There is no pool heat at this home.
-The fireplace is not operational.
Space for 4 cars to park on site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom/ King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Two king beds
Bedroom 4 / Two twin beds
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been supplied in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 30 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to go & When to book:
- Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides that include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your rental search:
- Begin by selecting vacation dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Palmetto by AvantStay
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally available online. Otherwise, call the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms. You'll need to establish what configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Some rentals allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the host about pet restrictions before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your family's visit, inspect for any problem areas during check in. text the property manager immediately to relay any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your peaceful home life. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- Double-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a great vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.