- As low as $158/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Totally modernized in January 2022, Highland Cottage offers the ideal location in laid-back James Island, a suburb of Downtown Charleston. Ideally located 4 miles from Historic Downtown Charleston and 7 miles from Folly Beach. The bungalow is equipped with a full-service kitchen with brand new appliances, Rinnai gas hot-water heater and outdoor grille. Within a one-block painless walk, you have access to many eateries and one block from Starbucks. We are also only 1 block away from the closest public bus stop with access to Downtown Charleston. Beach chairs and a cooler are onsite and available to our guests. Great economical option for visiting Charleston.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this cottage is in the city center and near the beach. Patriots Point and Splash Zone Waterpark are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Harbor View Shopping Center. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or Charleston Museum if you're traveling with kids.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the optimal vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. To get the largest vacation home within your budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at popular Charleston area attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides that include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Begin by choosing your potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your family requires. Newly Renovated close to Downtown & Folly Beach has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the host before reserving the rental. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to find a rental that allows animals. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the owner's contact info to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- To make sure damages aren't linked to your family's stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas when you arrive. Contact the host immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on good ratings to propel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- James Island County Park - 1.0 miles
- City Marina - 2.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.9 miles
- White Point Garden - 2.9 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 2.9 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.1 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.1 miles
- Washington Square - 3.3 miles
- City Market - 3.4 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 3.3 miles
Ready to book Newly Renovated close to Downtown & Folly Beach?Book Online Get Information Call: