- As low as $607/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding nearby
- Hunting nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Welcoming dogs only
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
One block from famed Market Street you will find The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's 1,500-square-foot 1st floor "Jasper Suite" residence. Step outside and into the heart of Charleston’s history.
The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is exactly where you want to be in Charleston. You are a fast walk to all of the major historical attractions and museums, award-winning eateries, the arts, nightlife, and elegant shopping and antiquing. Every special event - from Spoleto to Southeastern Wildlife Expo to The Cooper River Bridge Run - is within blocks. Take a walk toward the water to see the striking historic mansions that have made Charleston famed. Along the way, pop in and out of art galleries, antique stores, and cafes. If you want to relax and stay in, this home has plenty of comfortable seating and a huge entirely-equipped kitchen ideal for entertaining. There is always something to do and see in Charleston - whether you want to be on the move and take in all the sites or you want to relax and relax. Let us show you why Charleston is Travel + Leisure's "World's Finest City" and why The Charleston Chestnut Mansion is the only place to stay to experience it.
One of four residences in this 1870s-era historic refreshed property, the 1,500-square-foot "Jasper Suite" residence offers you a cozy getaway. Blending the best of old and new, this historic home has been completely refurbished with modern design and high-end appliances, fixtures and furnishings. Appreciate on-site exclusive parking, 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (each supplied with plenty of fluffy towels, Gilchrist & Soames bath products, and a hair dryer), and a chef's kitchen with top-of-the-line appliances. The open, roomy layout of the kitchen, dining, and living room allow you and your guests to relax, mingle, and appreciate each other’s company. This residence is bigger in size and features amenities finer than the most famed hotel presidential suites.
*We have an on-site private parking lot. One complimentary space is included with each residence reserved. Additional spaces are $50 per space per nighttime and subject to availability.
You may also wish to check out The Charleston Chestnut Mansion's 2 bed/2 bath Chestnut Suite on the 1st floor, 3 bed/3 bath Steeple Suite on the 2nd floor, and 3 bed/2 bath Sail Loft on the 3rd floor.
For bigger gatherings requiring additional accommodations, you may wish to reserve multiple residences (subject to availability). The entire Charleston Chestnut Mansion can host up to 20 guests.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Charleston area rental home booking tips and tricks:
Sticking to your budget:
- Book your rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Booking your vacation home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Hosts sometimes offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if rate reductions are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Finding the perfect rental home in Charleston:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration you need. Historic Charleston Right Outside Your Front Door has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, call the host before booking the vacation property. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If there's an individual Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, search for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or may be applied to your invoice.
- Take a copy of the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be very helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent a lot of problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peace and quiet. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on great ratings to drive more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.3 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.3 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.4 miles