- As low as $372/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Limo/town car service
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1251 sq ft (116 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1251 square feet
Linens: 1 King, 2 Queens
Baths: 2 Full Baths
Like your memories of the sea, a family vacation at 417 Seascape will be “Unforgettable” after you experience the beauty and beautiful vistas of this incredible oceanfront condominium. 417 Seascape is appealingly positioned to capture the best vistas of the Atlantic and the natural sand dunes of the Isle of Palms from its cavernous oceanfront deck. The master bedroom, living room, dining area and kitchen all share this marvelous oceanfront view. In addition to the ocean, 417 Seascape also has a bird's eye view of the Seascape swimming pool.
Where mother nature provides a tremendous view, true beauty can be found at 417 Seascape in the interior design. Professionally decorated by one of the best outfits in Charleston, 417 Seascape has been completely refreshed. Some of the features of the remodel include:
• All new stainless-steel appliances
• New cabinets
• Granite countertops
• New molding
• New paint
• Wood floors
• New carpeting in the bedrooms
• All new furnishings
The property owner is constantly taking the additional steps to ensure their condominium is in charming condition to make every guest visit at 417 Seascape memorable. Each bedroom offers superb linens with a king bed in the master bedroom and two queen beds in the guest bedroom. Both bedrooms feature a private bath that also has been newly upgraded.
Additional Conveniences Include:
• Beachside Vacations Special Offer: $250 Beach Gear Rental Credit for Every Vacation Rental, 4 to 28 nights! Choose between beach chairs, umbrellas, bicycles, coolers, and much more! Please call Beachside Vacations for details.
• High speed internet with Wi-Fi.
• Beachside Direct Check in at 417 Seascape.
• Text and e-mail status updates of accommodations on arrival date.
• Full size washer and dryer.
• Parking for two cars.
• Linens and bath towels are included, as well as starter supplies including soap, shampoo and paper products.
• Beachside Vacations swag: sand bucket, lip balm, stickers and koozies.
Make your next family vacation to Wild Dunes unforgettable after visiting 417 Seascape.
Seascape Renovation Project:
Starting August 29, 2022 the Seascape Homeowners Association will begin a 10-month renovation project. The northeast side (stacks 11-15) of the building will be closed starting Tuesday, September 6, 2022 through Friday, June 30, 2023. Please note, during this period, rental prices have been substantially reduced on the southwest side of Seascape because of the renovation project. The Seascape swimming pool will be open starting April 1, 2023.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is on the beach. Crabpot Players Theatre and Cinebarre Mount Pleasant are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or Blackbaud Stadium. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the very best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Sticking to your rental budget:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Reserve your rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to select the perfect rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select your vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Unforgettable! Best Views on Island - 2BR/2BA Condo, Luxury High End Condo $250 Beach Gear Credit has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is generally available on booking websites. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book the rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You will need to establish what is best for your family.
- If your family is bringing pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for details on breed, size, and type requirements. Some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Is your group looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
Tips to have a wonderful stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are out, just like you would back home.
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental websites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.