- As low as $154/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 1 bathroom
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free self parking on site
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near coin laundry
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 700 sq ft (65 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 700 square feet
This freshly modernized, 2 bedroom attached apartment with private entrance is conveniently located on James Island, 10 min to Folly beach or 12 min to Downtown. Comfortably sleeps 5 adults with two memory-foam Queen beds, one futon, full kitchen and bath. The sizable fenced in backyard is shaded by grandiose oak trees and provides ample space for parking cars, trailers, campers & boats. Beach chairs, beach towels, and a Bluetooth portable stereo are among some the item available for guest's use.
There is three units on the property, the Cozy Island Cottage and The Island Nest, that may home other guests during your stay.The structures are separate with designated outdoor areas and parking, but are on the same half acre property so please be courteous.
The Island Hideout is the unit attached to the home located on ground level.
***We have implemented COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of our guest. The unit will be thoroughly cleaned between each guest using CDC recommended cleaning products and procedures. In addition, the unit is equipped with cleaning supplies so guest can routinely clean frequently touched spaces throughout their stay. This is a self-check in unit so there is no need for guest/host interaction unless requested. If guest/host interaction is required, we will follow social distancing guidelines to the best of our ability.
Owner lives in the attached home at the front of property and can be available for any issues or questions you may have about the area, restaurant recommendations, or activities.
Centrally located in a convenient James Island neighborhood, only a fast 5-mile drive or Uber ride to both Folly Beach and Downtown Charleston. Sensational James Island County Park is close by as well as eateries, bars, shopping, banking, and convenience stores within a half-mile.
In addition to the apartment guests have access the to the fenced-in 1/2 acre backyard, with ample parking for cars, boats, RVs etc. (backyard is shared with home owner and other guests that my be staying in the detached Cozy Island Cottage located in the rear of the property). Guests also have access and use of shared laundry room (detergent is included) and outdoor kitchen (please notify the host if you would like to use the outdoor kitchen, so a quick tutorial can be supplied) and the outdoor shower.
This cavernous, well designed apartment offers a full kitchen with all the essentials, comfortable tiled shower with bench seat, rain shower-head, and detachable shower-head, painless key-code access, Wifi, two flat screen intelligent TV's, shared laundry room, inside and outside seating areas, and ample space in the enormous shady backyard to play and entertain. For guest convenience we provide coffee, sugar, bath and beach towels, bed linens, paper towels, toilet paper, and soaps.
Car, Uber, Bicycle
About the Area
This apartment is located in Charleston. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and James Island County Park. Traveling with kids? Consider Fort Lamar Historic Preserve and Charleston Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Booking the best Charleston rental experience:
Getting the most from your rental budget:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. To find the best value, consider shifting your trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warm weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting and booking a perfectrental:
- Choose vacation dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. This guest suite is a 2 bedroom(s), 1 bathrooms, located in Charleston, SC. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available online. Otherwise, email the host before you reserve your rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what configuration is right for your vacation family.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, hosts charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you long to visit, search for properties that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your . Store the host's information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, stereo or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of issues.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out. Keep your property safe!
- During arrival, note any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on great reviews to drive future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- James Island County Park - 2.0 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.9 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 4.0 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 4.1 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.2 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.3 miles
- City Marina - 4.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.3 miles