- As low as $402/Week
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1056 sq ft (98 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02324
The unit is entirely equipped with a flat screen TV and cable, completely supplied kitchen with all of the silverware needed to prepare any at-home meal, and a first floor porch for viewing/outside calming purposes. Including 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath.
Appreciate gracious living in our Charleston home, stretched throughout in a sympathetic, comforting style. We aim to maximise the experience you ever had with the best accommodation available.
Guests will have exclusive access to the back half of the 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Charleston area area promotional magazines which feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows vacation goers to take advantage of the very same fantastic activities with a often significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your trip dates? Off-peak times provide considerable discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discounts. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it is soundside rentals with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private boat launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed resulting from health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to learn just how many vacation rentals can be found in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, vacationers are sure to come across a vacation home that fits their wishes and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners often choose management companies to manage advertising, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
We've assembled a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book "South Elm Suite by StayDuvet | 6 blocks to King!", examine our brief checklist of considerations.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Sometimes, the hardest part of scheduling your trip is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else is easier.
How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
How many family members are joining your getaway? Be aware that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you simply desire a rental with a pool, spa or volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are linens included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Sometimes the older generation has challenges with stairways. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are added.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the rental has everything required. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you must Cancel
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage when you arrive. We also suggest promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required repairs. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, nearby residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make certain you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation? Most rental management companies and rental home sites permit customers to give comments. If your rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Does everybody want to return next year? Hopefully everything was exceptional and you are happy to reserve the same rental home for your next vacation. Maybe the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
How to get the best =$cfg->settings->area_title?> rental experience:
When to reserve a =$cfg->settings->area_title?> rental & When to go:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive in coastal =$property_arr['state_abbr']?> . To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fallseasons. May, September, and even October offer great weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summertime.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property management companies offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to add trip insurance . Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
Planning and picking the bestrental:
- First, have your family decide on dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration you need.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types are almost always accessible online. If not, call the property manager before booking your home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches.
- Does your group require unique amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or may be applied to your contract.
Advice for a smooth stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your smartphone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Upon arrival, record any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all correspondence .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of problems.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- To expand on the last point... Ask a local! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a wonderful time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your property and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles