- As low as $317/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing on site
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a hospital
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1892 sq ft (176 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1892 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Brand new, 6 person golf cart just delivered to the home. Available for all reservations!
All 2023 reservation will receive $250 credit toward beach gear units with VayK Gear! *4-14 nights only
Incredible 3 bedroom villa with Links course vistas. Totally refreshed, with new kitchen and baths. Linkside Villas offers a magnificent resort feel with newly redesigned exterior, sizable pool and tennis courts right out your front door. The villa is equipped with a completely outfitted kitchen complete with new cabinets and granite counters, a dine in bar for two. The Dining Room offers seating for 8 just off the kitchen.
Relaxing is simple with the 12ft ceilings, upsized furnishings and rich wood floors. You will feel like your in one of Hemmingways tropical novels!
The master bedroom is located on the lower level with a king sized master bed. The bath is entirely remodeled with dual sinks, glass shower and a inviting soaking tub. A separate sitting room with golf vistas awaits as you relax with your favorite book. Both guest rooms offer private en-suite baths. The upper level guest room is equipped with a queen bed. The main level guest room has two twin beds.
BR 1: King, BR 2: 2 twins, BR: Queen
Wireless internet is supplied to the property. High speed wireless internet is included as a convenience only and is nonintegral to the agreement. No refund of units shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal references with regard to Internet service
No family pets are allowed. No smoking is allowed. Golf cart is supplied complementary. Drivers License required to operate, please contact our office to sign the golf cart agreement. Note: This home is rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis during the Summer months and minimum nights vary for the off season. (MUST BE AT LEAST 25 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Crabpot Players Theatre and Cinebarre Mount Pleasant are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Sea Island Shopping Center. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Credit One Stadium. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing, water skiing, and parasailing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best vacation rental experience:
Find your best deal:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental property six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season.
- Some owners offer special rates for veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Filter your rental search:
- Select your dates and spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Brand new golf cart available! $250 Beach Gear credit has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is normally accessible online. If not, contact the property management company before booking the property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You'll need to establish what configuration is suitable for your family.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Extra fees or might be applied to your contract.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
During your stay:
- Get the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your . Put the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, television set or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call prevents quite a few difficulties.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are away, just like you would back home.
- Make a record of any issues with the rental during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are assessed.
- Respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all personal belongings. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.