- As low as $514/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
New Pool finished in March of 2023!! Come savor swimming in your own private pool!
If you're looking for a entirely refreshed beach home with all the amenities you'll need for an memorable Isle of Palms vacation, then get ready to book your next hideaway at #19 - 32nd Ave! This spectacular 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom property is only about a block to the beach, with a great location in a relaxing neighborhood on a peaceful street.
There's nothing like staying at a vacation rental that's been freshly updated, and we're here to tell you that this home is full of nice features to add that additional bit of luxury to your vacation, while still keeping the older beach cabin appeal that's hard to find! When you come to stay at this little beach bungalow, you'll be getting a quality experience!
The home welcomes you with a cavernous sunroom to take your morning coffee or gather with your fellow visitors for a great space to chat. The main living area offers plush seating; here you can relax and take advantage of the TV's intelligent features and stream your favorite shows, or just appreciate a good book by the windows which let in some great natural lighting.
This home offers a completely equipped kitchen, with a pleasing aesthetic and tons of utility, with roomy butcher-block countertops and high-quality stainless-steel appliances, including a farmhouse sink & regular coffee maker! A wooden dining table can seat your guests, giving you a place to take your meals inside, from fast breakfasts to sit-down dinners.
Three bedrooms in this home make it the ideal size for vacations with family or celebratory getaways with your friends. The first bedroom offers one bunk bed, while the second offers a queen-sized bed. The master bedroom has a king bed and a private half bath. All 3 bedrooms share a hall bathroom for showering. Free Wi-Fi at the highest speed makes connecting your devices simple! All bedrooms have flat screen TV with intelligent capabilities. Please note you will need to bring your firestick, roku, etc. to watch your favorite shows and movies as no cable is supplied.
Outside, you'll find a new graveled area with Adirondack chairs and a fire pit to enjoy! Unwind in the evenings with your drinks around the fire in the fresh salty air! Please note that firewood is not included. You'll also find a spacious front lawn where you can toss around a frisbee while using the gas grille to whip up lunch or dinner after a trip to the beach. This home also has an outdoor beach hose, making it painless to rinse off after a day on the sand!
Recap Bed Sizes: 1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed, 1 Bunk Bed.
This property also includes a $250 credit to order beach gear when you book a stay between 3 and 14 nights!! There are many options to choose from including bicycles, beach chairs, beach carts/wagons, coolers, umbrellas, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.! Our partnered company, VayK Gear, will contact you 45 days prior to your arrival so you can place your order and they will deliver all equipment to your rental property. Just another added additional for booking through Carroll Realty to enhance your vacation experience.
A few important notes to be aware: NO HOME PARTIES. NO SMOKING. NO FAMILY PETS. No exceptions! There is a very strict noise ordinance policy on the island that goes into effect at 10pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekend nights. The 3 car limit is also stringently enforced. This home is a family rental and is located near year-round residents. This is not a rental home for bachelor/bachelorette events, wedding groups, youth groups, fraternities/sororities, receptions, or any other types of bigger gatherings. We do NOT rent to students or anyone under the age of 25 - no exceptions - even if a parent or legally responsible adult makes the reservation. If such a group occupies or attempts to occupy the property, they will be required to immediately vacate and there will be NO refunds given. Further, this home is stringently a non-pet friendly home. Guest will be fined $1000 if a pet is found to be on the property at any time.
ALL BED LINENS, KITCHEN TOWELS, AND BATH TOWEL SETS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!! You will only need to bring or plan to rent beach towels, chairs, bicycles, umbrellas, etc. Also supplied is a "starter set" of toiletries such as toilet paper, bath & dish soaps, paper towels, etc. but please do keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items after your initial arrival.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Mount Pleasant Square Shopping Center are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Front Beach. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Credit One Stadium, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take time off to check out the health/beauty spa in the area, or get some fresh air with adventures like ecotours nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect rental experience:
When to go & When to reserve a Isle of Palms rental home:
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. To book the most suitable rental home within your budget, we suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at Charleston area restaurants, beaches, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Property managers sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guides contain money saving offers on nearby tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select your vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. 2023 NEW PRIVATE POOL Renovated Beach Home on Quiet Street, Close to Beach! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available online. If not, email the host before you reserve your rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a property that allows animals. Ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Usually, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of issues.
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Record any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything on check-out day. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property a final time and keep an eye out for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host is not available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a terrific stay? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.