- As low as $400/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Close to skiing
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Rafting nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Ski privileges
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Tile flooring in public areas
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2000 sq ft (186 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 2000 square feet
Jacobson Building at 19 Broad's location is second to none: 1 block south of the Historic Charleston City Market, 1 block north of the iconic Battery on Charleston Harbor, 1 block west of Waterfront Park on the Cooper River, and 1 block east of Washington Park, the Four Corners of Law, and Museum Mile. Rainbow Row is less than 1/4 block around the corner on East Bay St.
We offer a very huge 2000 sq. ft. Apartment. Each bedroom has a King Bed and Private Sitting Area. Bedrooms are separated by enormous living area and kitchen/dining area. PLEASE NOTE: Add a 3rd bedroom and bath to this apartment if needed. See our listing Vrbo 859047.
The Original Walled City IS the Old & Historic Area: Rainbow Row, St. Philip's Church, Dock Street Theatre, the Battery, Exchange Building, Four Corners of Law (where you'll find the Sweetgrass Basket artisans), Nathaniel Russell House, Calhoun Mansion and so very much more, including World Class Eateries, are all within numerous blocks of Jacobson Building at 19 Broad!
As Proprietors, we care deeply about our property and our guests. We are a City of Charleston licensed rental and have operated as an inn since 2002.
19 Broad is downtown Charleston's most roomy and grandiose apartment accommodation with 2000 square feet including 2 sizable king bedrooms, family room, 2 huge baths and a location second to none — ideal for couples, families and business travelers who seek the space and privacy of a full apartment without the expense of a hotel room. Each bedroom has a King Bed plus Sitting Area for privacy. Other 2 bedroom apartments advertised in our area on Meeting Street and near the Market Street range from 400-700 sq. ft. Our location is unparalleled and located in the true Old & Historic District.
JAKES on our first floor offers Illy Coffee and fresh breakfast and lunch items daily and Oak Steakhouse is next door, offering incredibly delicious steaks and a unique fine dining experience. Establishment across the street offers fresh seafood selections along with nightly specials. Dating back to the Prohibition is the Blind Tiger Pub, within our block, just to the west across Broad Street.
Our beautiful circa 1794 property is located at the crux of the French Quarter and historic Charlestowne neighborhoods, within one block of the best shopping, dining, history and architecture in Charleston. Over 50 World class eateries within very close walking distance include Magnolias, Husk, FIG, Peninsula Grille, Charleston Grille, Blossom, Cru Cafe, Grille 225, Revival, SNOB, Hyman's Seafood and so many more. Next door is OAK Steak House, serving fresh seafood and extraordinary beef! We recommend an painless close by walk North on East Bay Street up to Market Street and South on Meeting Street to take in all the restaurant offerings. We are members of the Charleston Area Visitors Bureau and stock ample copies of our Guidebooks in our apartments.
19 Broad features original Charleston brick hearths and heart pine floors, period millwork, original molding and Charleston's most cavernous rooms with 16 foot high ceilings. Ideal for 2 couples with private seating areas in each King Bedroom.
The property is a modernized and refreshed bank building dating back to 1794, prominently positioned on historic Broad Street and surrounded by Charleston’s most famed architecture, parks and gardens. 14 foot windows overlooking Historic Broad Street are awe inspiring. Our guest rooms feature quality home furnishings, king size beds, full bathrooms with tile floors and showers, sizable social spaces, cooking and dining spaces, complimentary WiFi and Intelligent Internet Televisions. The entire property can hold 6 guests, but is subdivided into separate private apartments in order to accommodate multiple smaller events entirely independent from one another.
2 King Bedroom Apartment; Grand 2000 square feet:
After ascending 19 Broad’s exterior staircase off Broad Street, guests enter a secured entry located off the second floor landing. Through the entryway, guests continue straight ahead to arrive in a spacious living room, complete with huge couch, numerous armchairs, coffee table, gas fireplace, basic cable TV, kitchenette, dining for four and full bathroom with tile shower.
At the south end of the living room is the entrance to the giant master bedroom featuring a king bed and sitting area, plus private bathroom with tile shower and internet with Intelligent TV.
At the north end of the living room is the entrance to the spacious guest bedroom featuring a king bed, gas fireplace, and incorporated sitting area offering all guests utmost comfort and privacy. This beautiful bedroom has a view of Historic Broad Street thru original 14 foot window.
The 2000 sq. ft. apartment features original floors, walls and ceiling, and massive original windows. Our ceilings are 16 feet high and each bedroom is completely private with comfortable seating for max. privacy. Jacobson Building at 19 Broad Street is the only accommodation in the Historic District boasting original architecture and spacious rooms in one of Historic Charleston's Grandest Buildings. We are the only accommodation in our block between Church and State Streets licensed by the City of Charleston! The Grandiose Exchange Building is in our block, as is City Hall and the Old Charleston Post Office, still functioning and offering a Museum. Additionally the oldest Liquor Store in the country is on East Bay just steps away and Rainbow Row is just around the corner at Elliot & East Bay Street, within very close site of Waterfront Park. Folks, Old Charleston is indeed on Broad Street and 19 Broad Circa 1794 plays a vital role!
19 Broad affords all guests complimentary coffee, paper towels, bath towels, wash cloths, toilet tissue and shower gel. While we are happy to direct guests to close by pharmacies and convenient stores, we do suggest that guests bring personal toiletries and cosmetics in order to ensure optimal comfort. All beds are neatly made with freshly laundered sheets prior to arrival.
Our neighborhood constitutes a unique blend of commercial properties and residential homes. Accordingly, the City of Charleston enforces a noise ordinance between the hours of 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Out of respect for our loyal guests, as well as our neighbors in the City of Charleston, we ask our guests to exercise consideration of their surroundings and to adhere to this ordinance from the hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
For any and every occasion, a vacation in Charleston deserves respectable celebration. Our property is the ideal space for large families, girls’ weekends, golfing trips, wedding events, traveling couples, and more.
Larger events requiring 3 bedrooms and baths may add our King Studio which is accessed via a common entryway. See Vacation Rental By Owner #859047
*Visit our Authentic King Studio, Sleeps 2, at Vrbo 859047
*Visit our 2 King Bedroom full Apartment, Sleeps 4, at Vrbo 16326
All photography supplied by Aaron Jacobson
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Old Exchange Provost and Dungeon and Old Slave Mart Museum are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Washington Square. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at Charleston Gaillard Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best Charleston area rental experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. Book your vacation in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines have coupons for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Finding the best vacation home in Charleston:
- Begin by choosing your trip dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. 2 King Bedrooms/2 Bath in the Original Walled City. Access History within Steps has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the host before you reserve your rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to find a pet-friendly property. Ask for information on breed, size, and type requirements. Some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Considerations for your stay:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Upon check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable visitors bothering your home life. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- When it's time to leave, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget any personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to propel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.1 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.1 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.3 miles