- As low as $438/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Close to skiing
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hunting nearby
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Parasailing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Ski privileges
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Tile flooring in public areas
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2000 sq ft (186 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 2000 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Jacobson Building at 19 Broad's location is second to none: 1 block south of the Historic Charleston City Market, 1 block north of the iconic Battery on Charleston Harbor, 1 block west of Waterfront Park on the Cooper River, and 1 block east of Washington Park, the Four Corners of Law, and Museum Mile. Rainbow Row is less than 1/4 block around the corner on East Bay St.
We offer a very huge 2000 sq. ft. Apartment. Each bedroom has a King Bed and Private Sitting Area. Bedrooms are separated by sizable living area and kitchen/dining area. PLEASE NOTE: Add a 3rd bedroom and bath to this apartment if needed. See our listing Vrbo 859047.
The Original Walled City IS the Old & Historic Area: Rainbow Row, St. Philip's Church, Dock Street Theatre, the Battery, Exchange Building, Four Corners of Law (where you'll find the Sweetgrass Basket artisans), Nathaniel Russell House, Calhoun Mansion and so very much more, including World Class Eateries, are all within multiple blocks of Jacobson Building at 19 Broad!
As Proprietors, we care deeply about our property and our guests. We are a City of Charleston licensed rental and have operated as an inn since 2002.
19 Broad is downtown Charleston's most roomy and huge apartment accommodation with 2000 square feet including 2 enormous king bedrooms, family room, 2 huge baths and a location second to none — ideal for couples, families and business travelers who seek the space and privacy of a full apartment without the expense of a hotel room. Each bedroom has a King Bed plus Sitting Area for privacy. Other 2 bedroom apartments advertised in our area on Meeting Street and near the Market Street range from 400-700 sq. ft. Our location is unparalleled and located in the true Old & Historic District.
JAKES on our first floor offers Illy Coffee and fresh breakfast and lunch items daily and Oak Steakhouse is next door, offering incredibly delicious steaks and a unique fine dining experience. Establishment across the street offers fresh seafood selections along with nightly specials. Dating back to the Prohibition is the Blind Tiger Pub, within our block, just to the west across Broad Street.
Our appealing circa 1794 property is located at the crux of the French Quarter and historic Charlestowne neighborhoods, within one block of the best shopping, dining, history and architecture in Charleston. Over 50 World class eateries within very close walking distance include Magnolias, Husk, FIG, Peninsula Grille, Charleston Grille, Blossom, Cru Cafe, Grille 225, Revival, SNOB, Hyman's Seafood and so many more. Next door is OAK Steak House, serving fresh seafood and fantastic beef! We recommend an simple close by walk North on East Bay Street up to Market Street and South on Meeting Street to take in all the restaurant offerings. We are members of the Charleston Area Visitors Bureau and stock ample copies of our Guidebooks in our apartments.
19 Broad features original Charleston brick hearths and heart pine floors, period millwork, original molding and Charleston's most cavernous rooms with 16 foot high ceilings. Ideal for 2 couples with private seating areas in each King Bedroom.
The property is a refreshed and updated bank building dating back to 1794, prominently positioned on historic Broad Street and surrounded by Charleston’s most famed architecture, parks and gardens. 14 foot windows overlooking Historic Broad Street are awe inspiring. Our guest rooms feature quality home furnishings, king size beds, full bathrooms with tile floors and showers, sizable social spaces, cooking and dining spaces, complimentary WiFi and Intelligent Internet Televisions. The entire property can hold 6 guests, but is subdivided into separate private apartments in order to accommodate multiple smaller events entirely independent from one another.
2 King Bedroom Apartment; Giant 2000 square feet:
After ascending 19 Broad’s exterior staircase off Broad Street, guests enter a secured entry located off the second floor landing. Through the entryway, guests continue straight ahead to arrive in a spacious living room, complete with large couch, numerous armchairs, coffee table, gas fireplace, basic cable TV, kitchenette, dining for four and full bathroom with tile shower.
At the south end of the living room is the entrance to the humongous master bedroom featuring a king bed and sitting area, plus private bathroom with tile shower and internet with Intelligent TV.
At the north end of the living room is the entrance to the spacious guest bedroom featuring a king bed, gas fireplace, and incorporated sitting area offering all guests utmost comfort and privacy. This handsome bedroom has a view of Historic Broad Street thru original 14 foot window.
The 2000 sq. ft. apartment features original floors, walls and ceiling, and massive original windows. Our ceilings are 16 feet high and each bedroom is completely private with comfortable seating for max. privacy. Jacobson Building at 19 Broad Street is the only accommodation in the Historic District boasting original architecture and spacious rooms in one of Historic Charleston's Grandest Buildings. We are the only accommodation in our block between Church and State Streets licensed by the City of Charleston! The Grandiose Exchange Building is in our block, as is City Hall and the Old Charleston Post Office, still functioning and offering a Museum. Additionally the oldest Liquor Store in the country is on East Bay just steps away and Rainbow Row is just around the corner at Elliot & East Bay Street, within very close site of Waterfront Park. Folks, Old Charleston is indeed on Broad Street and 19 Broad Circa 1794 plays a vital role!
19 Broad affords all guests complimentary coffee, paper towels, bath towels, wash cloths, toilet tissue and shower gel. While we are happy to direct guests to close by pharmacies and convenient stores, we do suggest that guests bring personal toiletries and cosmetics in order to ensure optimal comfort. All beds are neatly made with newly laundered sheets prior to arrival.
Our neighborhood constitutes a unique blend of commercial properties and residential homes. Accordingly, the City of Charleston enforces a noise ordinance between the hours of 11:00 pm and 7:00 am. Out of respect for our loyal guests, as well as our neighbors in the City of Charleston, we ask our guests to exercise consideration of their surroundings and to adhere to this ordinance from the hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
For any and every occasion, a vacation in Charleston deserves respectable celebration. Our property is the ideal space for large families, girls’ weekends, golfing trips, wedding events, traveling couples, and more.
Larger events requiring 3 bedrooms and baths may add our King Studio which is accessed via a common entryway. See Vacation Rental By Owner #859047
*Visit our Authentic King Studio, Sleeps 2, at Vrbo 859047
*Visit our 2 King Bedroom full Apartment, Sleeps 4, at Vrbo 16326
All photography supplied by Aaron Jacobson
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Old Slave Mart Museum and Dock Street Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston City Market and Heyward-Washington House. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect Charleston area rental experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your vacation home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, travel guides have offers and deals for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Choosing the perfect rental home in Charleston:
- First, have your family decide on the best dates and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. 2 King Bedrooms/2 Bath in the Original Walled City. Access History within Steps has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible online. If you don't see them listed, call the property management company before booking the rental. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Does your group require particular amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your smartphone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Document any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your peaceful home life. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental while you are out, just like you would at home.
- Just prior to departing, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.1 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.1 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.1 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.1 miles
- Washington Square - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.3 miles
- City Market - 0.3 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 0.3 miles
Ready to book 2 King Bedrooms/2 Bath in the Original Walled City. Access History within Steps ?Book Online Get Information Call: