- As low as $183/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
- 3 bathrooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 13
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to The Inns!
♟ 4 Bedrooms/3 Bathrooms (with additional room!)
♟ Entire 2nd & 3rd Floors of Charleston Victorian Home
♟ Heart of Downtown! Walk to King Street (Walk Score of 95!)
♟ Professionally Designed with Guest Feel in Mind
♟ High-Speed Wifi Throughout and Apple TVs!
♟ 2 Off-Street Parking Spots Included
This is a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom (with additional room) on the second and third floor of a luxury Charleston Victorian!
Bedroom #1: King Bed w/ En-Suite + Apple TV
Bedroom #2: Queen Bed + Apple TV
Bonus Room: Twin Bed
*Jack & Jill Bathroom Shared by Bedroom #2 & Bonus Room
*Full Kitchen & Living Space w/ Access to Porches
Bedroom #3: Queen Bed
Bedroom #4: Full Bed
*Shared Bathroom Between Bedrooms
*Kitchenette & Modest Living Space
- Air bed included upon request!
- Shared back courtyard space available for guest use :)
2 Off-Street Parking Spaces Supplied!
Conveniences Supplied with Every Stay:
✓ Luxury Linens + Towels
✓ Entirely-Equipped Kitchen (everything you need for a basic meal!)
✓ Keurig Coffee Maker & Starter Pods
✓ Off Street Parking
✓ Keyless Self Check-In
✓ Laundry Detergent
✓ Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels)
✓ Concierge Service from Local Management
Guest will have access to entirety of the 2nd and 3rd floors of the home with separate entrance! There are 2 off-street parking spaces & shared courtyard space in the back.
We offer an simple self check-in process with keyless entry! Check in details are sent 7 days prior to arrival!
The Inns are all designed to provide you with the highest level of comfort and satisfaction.
With a local management team available 24/7, we really provide hotel-level service with the convenience of staying in a private residence.
We'll provide every guest with our 'Guide to Charleston' and assistance in planning their vacation if requested!
Feel complimentary to message, call, or text anytime!
The home is located in the impressive and trendy Elliotborough/Cannonborough district of downtown. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. The area is ideal for a group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Xiao Bao, Fuel, Goulette, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Brown's Court is gorgeous for pastries and coffee. The home is only a short walk from King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries and nightlife.
You can walk nearly everywhere downtown from the home, but should you want to discover further there are always Uber/Lyfts available, Pedi-Cabs, and car services. Charleston also has a city-wide bicycle share program called 'Holy City Spokes' with pick up spots throughout downtown!
✰ 7 Blocks to King Street (shopping, dining, cafes)
✰ 15-20 Minute Walk to Historic District
✰ 20 Minute Drive to Sullivan's, Isle of Palms, or Folly Beach
✰ 15 Minute Drive to Charleston Airport
A welcome letter will be in your unit. Please call with any additional questions.
About the Area
This apartment is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston vacation rental tips:
Money saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. To find the best value, try shifting your family's Charleston area vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides which include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Finding the best vacation rental in Charleston:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation dates, and choose a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. ? THE INNS ? Bright & Breezy Large Luxury Suite! has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property management company before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You will need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Visiting for a single event? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- To make sure damages are not attributed to your stay, inspect the rental for any problem areas during arrival. text the host immediately to record your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, complete a walk-through to make sure you have not leave anything behind. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on good ratings to drive future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles