- As low as $769/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 14
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- BBQ grill(s)
- Limited onsite parking (max 8 spaces)
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Travel crib
About this Property
- Sleeps 14
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Guest house
- Approximately 2050 square feet
Conveniently located on James Island, 5 miles from Folly Beach and Downtown Charleston, this lush live oak property features 3 separate units that share a cavernous backyard. The individual units provide plenty of space for privacy with 1 king bed, 4 queen beds, a couch bed, a futon, 3 separate living areas, 2 full kitchens, a kitchenette, an outdoor kitchen, 3 full baths, 2 outdoor showers and 2 laundry rooms. The backyard is enclosed by a 6ft fence.
Please note that the number of guests is based on 2 people per bed. If you plan to sleep 1 to a bed, this property sleeps 8 (with pullouts).
- Beach chairs, a cooler and a portable speaker are supplied for you convenience.
- Please be conscious of noise levels when outside after 11pm.
I live in the front half of the home at the front of the property and can be available for any issues or questions you may have about the area, restaurant recommendations, or activities. I also savor meeting new people, good conversation and are open to socializing with guests if they like.
Centrally located in a convenient James Island neighborhood, only a fast 5-mile drive or Uber ride to both Folly Beach and Downtown Charleston. Sensational James Island County Park is close by as well as eateries, bars, shopping, banking, and convenience stores within a half-mile.
In addition guests have access to the fenced-in 1/2 acre backyard featuring a deck with tons of seating, a patio with a modest grille, another deck with an outdoor kitchen and TV, 2 outdoor showers, corn hole boards, and ample parking for cars, boats, RVs etc. (Please notify host if you would like to use the outdoor kitchen so a quick tutorial can be supplied.)
- The first unit is a newly remodeled, 2 bedroom apartment with a private entrances to both rooms, a elegant rustic design, black walnut countertops, completely supplied kitchen, and a enormous tile shower with a granite bench seat. This second unit comfortably sleeps 5 adults with two memory-foam queen beds and one futon.
- The second unit features an open floor plan, 17 ft cathedral ceilings, entirely supplied kitchen, live edge slab bar top, a 250 sqft of deck and outdoor living space, a bedroom with a queen bed on main floor, loft with a queen bed accessed by a spiral staircase, and roomy bathroom with tiled shower. This units comfortably sleeps 6 with two memory foam queen beds and one queen pull out couch.
-The third unit is set up like a studio but is still very spacious. This unit has everything you need to feel right at home including a comfortable king size bed, a adore seat and a table that can painless turn into a area to eat or work. A his and hers sink, a separate shower and hottub tube provide plenty of space. This unit is also equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and all the supplies you'll need. The spacious walk in closet is equipped with a ironing board and iron. Located off this unit is a deck with the outdoor kitchen and outdoor TV. Please note that this unit is attached to the hosts main home and although we try our best to be courteous of guest, there is the potential of noise transfer.
-All units have TVs with access to plenty of streaming services..
Walk, bicycle, drive, uber, lyft, public transit.
About the Area
This guesthouse is located in Charleston. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and James Island County Park reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Traveling with kids? Consider Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a Charleston area rental home:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Book your rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guide magazines contain money saving offers on nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Narrow your Search:
- Choose vacation dates and max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. Island Retreat - Great for Large Groups has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible online. If they are not listed, email the property manager before you reserve your rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly property. Make sure to ask for information on breed, weight, and type requirements. Usually, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you long to visit, keep an eye out for homes that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect your property!
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas during check in. message the property manager immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of problems and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on excellent ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- James Island County Park - 1.7 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.8 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.9 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 4.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 4.1 miles
- City Marina - 4.1 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 4.1 miles
- Rainbow Row - 4.2 miles