- As low as $949/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- 4 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Charming completely restored historic 4 bedroom & 4 1/2 bathroom home in the heart of downtown Charleston with private pool. This two story home was meticulously refreshed, with all of historic appeal in tact & paired with updated, modern amenities. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, as well as two private porches. The property is walking distance to everything downtown has to offer, only a block & a half to famed upper King St. Savor chic spaces, set right next to Sugar Bakeshop! Booking includes one street parking with residential allowed passes.
This four bedroom historic home was meticulously remodeled to keep all the historic charm but have the modern amenities as well. The first floor consists of a huge open kitchen & living room area as well as a round table for seating eight guests comfortable with additional seating around the kitchen island. The living room also has a king sized memory foam sleeper couch with access to a 1/2 bathroom. There is one bedroom & bathroom located on the first floor, this room can be configured with either two twin beds or one king bed. The second floor consists of three additional bedrooms & full ensuite bathrooms. The first bedroom is configured with a king sized bed, the second room can be made up with either two twins or one king bed. Lastly the master bedroom has a enormous spa like bathroom and queen sized bed. Ample outdoor space around the private pool as well as two private porches. House sleeps a total of 10 guests comfortably. Booking includes one street parking with residential allowed passes.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a appealing, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors savor a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena, Zack or Anastasia available.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the best vacation home experience:
Get the best rental home value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To get the best value, try changing your family's Charleston area trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines have deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Filter your search:
- Start by having your family commit to vacation dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. 'The Sugarsweet House' Downtown Home, private pool has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is usually accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before you reserve the property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to work out what is optimal for your vacation.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or charges could be applied to your agreement.
More considerations for your visit:
- Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. We recommend storing the manager's information in your smartphone.
- To make sure that damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect for any problem areas upon check in. Make contact with the rental manager right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers bothering your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would have never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and scan for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the host is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to compel more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles