- As low as $485/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Table tennis
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
A stay within the gates of the Wild Dunes Resort offers an Isle of Palms vacation experience you'll never forget, and The Grandiose is the ideal Isle of Palms beach hideaway. Located in the trendy Grand Pavilion community of Wild Dunes, you'll savor a location that means you can walk to EVERYTHING that Wild Dunes has to offer, including two OCEANFRONT pools, and are just a 1-2 min. walk to the beach.
Delightfully decorated with refreshed interiors, The Grand is a Charleston-style beach home that features opulent amenities, comfortable furnishings, multiple porches, ample outdoor living space, plus so much more, and provides the ideal accommodations for your family or group. This 4 BEDROOM/4 BATH home sleeps 8 GUESTS and is designed for days spent exploring the resort or just calming and taking in the vistas. On the 1st floor, you'll appreciate the light-filled great room with fireplace and access to 2 porches (1 screened-in with ceiling fan), beautiful kitchen appointed with stainless steel appliances, ample counter space, a bar area, eat-in dining area that seats 6 guests, and everything you need to start the day with a steaming cup of coffee or prepare up the islands freshest “catch of the day.” Unwind on the bed swing, or curl up in a cozy rocker, and enjoy the ocean breeze on the screened-porch. You will also find a bedroom with a QUEEN bed, full bath, and stackable washer and dryer.
Upstairs you'll find the primary suite, appointed with a KING bed and private spa-like bath with double sinks, a sumptuous soaking tub and walk-in shower, plus direct access to a private porch. Two additional bedrooms offer a KING bed and, in the the other, a FULL bed with twin trundle, both with ensuite bathrooms with walk-in showers.
The Grand is designed for family fun, with a wealth of amenities that offer something for everybody. From the garage-level game room, with Ping Pong table and Corn Hole, to access to the close by boardwalk, filled with great shopping and dining, plus volleyball court, tennis courts, golf, bicycle rides, and more, this is destined to be an Isle of Palms vacation you'll never forget.
You'll appreciate all the amenities at The Grand designed for a memorable beach vacation full of fun. This home comes with complementary access to the Grand Pavilion pools, with vistas overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Located roughly 300 feet from the beach means you're only a 2 min. walk to the beach, plus tennis, golf, pools and dining!
Rinse off in the outdoor shower after a fun day at the beach and then fire up the grille. Ping pong table, games and beach toys/chairs are conveniently located in the garage.
Note: Please do not park in the street. Use garage/driveway or park at the tennis club parking lot (1 min walk). Space for 3 cars in garage/driveway.
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be supplied by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll enjoy high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$50/hour Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Charleston Lighthouse and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or Blackbaud Stadium. Kayaking, motor boating, and sailing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Vacation rental tips:
Cost saving strategies:
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. Book your Charleston area vacation in Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Some hosts offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your search:
- Select your vacation dates and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. New Listing! One Minute Walk to Beach has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually available online. Otherwise, email the property manager before booking your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Print and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you are out and about. Protect your property!
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great resource to find the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- When it's time to leave, complete a walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to stimulate new bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.