- As low as $609/Night
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- 8 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 3600 sq ft (334 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3600 square feet
Permit Number: 025491 027918
The Space: Get the inside scoop on what it’s like to live in the heart of Downtown Charleston at our 2-story home, “The Sheppard” - with 8bd/8ba and two units in total this home would be ideal for bigger groups/families of up to 16 people. Located just off of King Street, so parking and proximity are no issue here.
Please note, if you are noise sensitive this home is located next to the crosstown intersection. This is a busy road that can have cars traveling on it at any hour throughout the day.
As you step inside the first-floor home, you’ll find yourself in the open-concept living/dining room - which features a cozy dining room table for two, a lounge area, and a sizeable HDTV to enhance your stay. The ideal place to hang out and watch a movie or share some laughs over a meal. Just past the living area, you will find the kitchen which has been completely outfitted with all your basic cooking/kitchenware necessities. The kitchen also includes additional seating for three at the countertop, so between this space, the living/dining room, and the second floor, you’ll have plenty of room to spread out during meals. Also on the first level, you have 4 bedrooms and bathrooms located just down the hall from the common areas. Three of which have been adorned with comfortable king-sized beds and are accompanied by their own private ensuite for those moments when you need a little escape (parents, this one’s for you). The fourth bedroom features a plush queen-size bed and all the beachy vibes you could need. Right outside in the hallway, there is an additional full bathroom to be shared between this room and the common areas on this floor as needed.
The second floor of this home is accessed through a private outdoor stairway off the front porch. The Sheppard can be divided into two units for those with smaller groups, so you will notice that in addition to the common areas downstairs, this floor has a kitchen, living, and dining area of its own. Similar to the downstairs, the living areas feature an open-concept layout - where you will find plenty of seating for the whole crowd including a dining table seated for three + seating for four at the countertop, a comfortable lounge area, and another HD flatscreen TV. On top of all that, this floor also has its own kitchen which has been supplied with all the basic cooking/kitchenware necessities - double the kitchen double the fun, am I right? The other 4 bedrooms and bathrooms of the home are located just down the hall from the common areas on the second floor. Three of the rooms have opulent king-sized beds and are accompanied by their own private ensuite (which have all been freshly refreshed with modern furnishings/appliances). The fourth bedroom features a plush queen-size bed and all the good vibes you could need - from the fun green side tables to the bright color scheme that surrounds it. Back in the hallway, you will also find another full bathroom to be shared between this room and the common areas located in the hallway + a washer-dryer set just in case you need to do a load during your stay.
Guests will have access to the entire 1st and 2nd floor spaces along with all the appliances and amenities included with the listing.
You can pull your car off the street and into the parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. IF YOU PARK IN THE INCORRECT SPOT, YOU MAY BE TOWED. STAY DUVET DOES NOT MANAGE THE LOT NEXT TO THE BUILDING!
Please note, if you are noise sensitive this home is located next to the crosstownGuest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your bags with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to savor The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities included with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Upper King:
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Upper King district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Leons, Little Jacks, Melfi's, Maison, Rodney Scotts, Berkeleys, The Ordinary, The Grocery, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Bistronomy, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, and the Graft (Wine) or Vintage (Cocktails) for drinks. We recommend going to The Daily for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries and Charleston's best nightlight scene. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel.Interaction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Totally supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip painless. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: *THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
*PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
*ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Family Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
*Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
*If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
*No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
*Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
*This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
*Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
*10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
*Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
*Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
*THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect Charleston vacation home experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your vacation rental in the Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season.
- The earlier you can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Hosts sometimes offer promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby accommodations and attractions.
Planning and choosing the best Charleston area rental home:
- First, have your group choose trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. The Sheppard House by StayDuvet! has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email or call the host before you book the home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Upon arrival, note any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often an incredible source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to propel more reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.6 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 1.2 miles