- As low as $298/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1100 sq ft (102.2 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1100 square feet
Feel the ideal fusion of history and modern luxury at The Palmetto House, This remarkable 4-bedroom, 3-bath second-floor apartment is located within a historic Charleston home. This gorgeous getaway is your gateway to Charleston, located just three blocks from the vibrant King Street, Charleston's ultimate hub for nightlife and dining.
As you step inside The Palmetto House, you'll be transported to an era of grace and sophistication. The home's historic wood floors, elegantly preserved, pay homage to Charleston's storied past. Every corner of this apartment tells a tale, yet the kitchen, bathrooms and furnishings have been completely refreshed to provide modern comfort within this historic residence.
Step outside to your own private covered Piazza. This space provides the ideal setting to soak up Charleston's striking weather and create lasting memories.
Located just three blocks from King Street, Charleston's premier nightlife and dining district, The Palmetto House places you at the center of it all. Wander through cobblestone streets, discover hidden gems, and indulge in world-class cuisine—all just moments away from your doorstep.
Whether you're planning a family gathering, a reunion with friends, or a special hideaway, The Palmetto House promises an memorable Charleston experience. Revel in the city's appeal while appreciating the modern amenities of this historic gem. Your dream vacation in the Holy City awaits—reserve your stay at The Palmetto House today!
Located on the 2nd and 3rd floor of a modernized historic home. A covered front piazza offers a full size dining table overlooking Spring street. All three Bathrooms and kitchen were refreshed.
Contact complimentary check via keyless entry.
Welcome to the vibrant heart of Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
Located within the lively and trendy district of downtown Charleston, this home offers an exceptional Airbnb experience. Discover the allure of our friendly community, characterized by appealing tree-lined streets and an abundance of comfortable eateries. Immerse yourself in the timeless charm of Charleston as you discover the culinary and cultural treasures that this neighborhood has to offer. Ideal for families and groups seeking a memorable vacation, our location places you within reach of an array of dining establishments.
Savor delectable dishes at acclaimed eateries such as The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, and Elliotborough Minibar drinks. Nearby, Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery have garnered acclaim from both guests and locals alike.
Just a short walk away, the bustling King Street awaits, offering a plethora of shopping options, from beautiful antique stores to beautiful fashion stores. Dining enthusiasts will be delighted by the countless selection of buzzing eateries.
For those with academic or medical affiliations, the neighborhood provides simple access to esteemed institutions such as the College of Charleston (CofC), Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), Roper Hospital, and The Citadel, all within walking distance.
Many eateries and attractions are conveniently walkable, this property is only 3 blocks from upper king street. Additionally Uber and lyft are effortlessly accessible.
Other Things to Note:
This is one of 4 apartments at this address. Although entirely updated and well kept, this historic property is over 100 years old, therefore noise can be heard from adjacent residents and the neighborhood.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: Charge may apply
Tips to get the optimal Charleston area rental experience:
Finding your perfect vacation home:
- Reserve your vacation home in Spring or Fall to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guides contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Planning and picking the right Charleston area rental home:
- Start by choosing potential vacation weeks and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your group needs. New! The Palmetto House- 3 Blocks To King -Downtown! has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. If not, call the property management company before booking your home. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If there's an individual Charleston area beach you crave, browse properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your rental agreement! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and scan for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take photos of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a fantastic vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles