- As low as $224/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1200 square feet
This unit is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02503 and business license BL012815.
The Oyster Suite (located on the 1st floor of the front building) features:
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room and completely equipped kitchen.
This cavernous 3-story home is divided into 6 separate condos. The building is ideal for bigger groups of friends or families that want to vacation together but still have their own suite to relax in at the end of a fun day exploring the city.
This listing includes a 1st floor 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit WITH ONE ASSIGNED OFF-STREET PARKING SPACE.
Upon arrival, guests enter through the main entrance of the home on Cannon Street.
The open floor plan accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. It has a breakfast bar with 2 seats and living room with high ceilings. This unit is smartly finished and furnished with quality stainless steel appliances and flat-screen TVs. Comfy, minimalist design and thoughtful details like upholstered headboards and subway-tiled showers add modern personality. Every room has wood floors, central A/C, and complimentary WiFi. The kitchen cabinets are supplied with essential cookware and cutlery and all linens are supplied in each apartment.
Please note this condo sleeps up to 4 guests: 2 in the primary king suite and 2 in the queen suite.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free coffee, cream, sugar, to-go cups
Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels)
Hair dryer/straightener/iron/ironing board
Extra blankets and pillows
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are multiple convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Location, space, privacy, comfort and style are just a few things that make this property the ideal space to come home to and relax. Reservation book quickly. Get yours today!
No events and events are allowed at this property.
Guests will have access to this suite and will have all of the essentials you need during your stay.
THIS LISTING INCLUDES ONE PARKING SPACE ONLY. Parking is labeled in our parking lot behind the building. The parking is tight, we cannot accommodate upsized cars in our lot.
Please don't inquire about additional parking as we don't have access to any. The closest garage is at the corner of King and Spring Street at the Hyatt Place about 6 blocks away. If you have more than one car, please plan for that.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough district of Downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun and or calming vacation. Popular dining spots include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, R Kitchen, Estadio, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. The home is mins. to the very trendy Upper King Street district where you will find a multitude of great stores, book stores, and fashion stores - as well as striking eateries!
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
Parking: Our parking lot is very tight. We do not have parking for any upsized cars. If you have questions about whether or not your car will fit, please ask. Additional overnight parking available at the Hyatt Place on King Street for $18/nighttime.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for four straight years. You will adore everything this striking historic city has to offer, especially the warm Southern hospitality in which residents take such great pride. Come see what all the fuss is about...you might just want to move here!!
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the optimal Charleston area vacation property experience:
Finding your best deal:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The best rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation home 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, change your vacation week to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guides contain discounts for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Make a plan and choose your prefect Charleston area rental home:
- Select your vacation week and max budget.
- 1st Floor has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the host before you reserve the home. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Does your family require special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Some things to know before you go:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you are out and about. Protect your property!
- To make certain that damages aren't attributed to your stay, record any problem areas upon your arrival. E-mail the property manager right away to record your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good ratings to drive more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles