- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Heated Pool
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Pantry Items
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
We Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. We take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SEE FOR YOURSELF!
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, generous and utterly majestic!
Approximately 344-585 square feet, this state of the art studio includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a mini refrigerator, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional niceties include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our opulence resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is delighted to do their most striking to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our most first-rate to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to bliss standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is inviting and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Furthermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.
City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
*** Pet Policy ***
No dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, family dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Cancellation Policy ***
Each of our unit's are advertised on multiple different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on eBay or TZORT sites follow Tzort's firm cancellation policy.
TZORT Firm Cancellation Policy = All Sales Are Final, Zero Refunds Available. If any of our resorts shut down due to a Pandemic you will be offered 100% travel voucher protection. We offer the lowest price resort holiday specials and ask you to choose your dates and times wisely. We will do our premium to accommodate your change requests at no charge but cannot guarantee your change request can be met.
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few modernization projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our choice to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the remodel. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
*** Other Notes ***
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Charleston area area discount guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your travel week? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Charleston area activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the number and wide variety of short-term rental properties available in the Charleston area area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Do you think "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, Studio" is the best rental for your upcoming trip? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Pick a Village and Date
Consensus can be tough between close relatives, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "The Lodge Alley Inn, Charleston, South Carolina, Studio" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. In most cases, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys for use during your stay? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your furry family members. Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may eliminate a potential rental property. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
As soon as the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Book your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any repairs. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the local community. More often than not, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've collected all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites request testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything was perfect and you are excited to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.3 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.4 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.4 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.4 miles
- City Market - 0.4 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.5 miles