- As low as $174/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Bathtub or shower
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Porch or lanai
- Street parking available
- Unit size: 1186 sq ft (110 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1186 square feet
Your grandiose Charleston vacation awaits! The 'Grandiose Millennial' is a 2 bedroom/1.5 bath home, ideal for 3-4 guests. Our home is located in the sought-after downtown neighborhood of Wagener Terrace! You'll be just steps from Hampton Park, The Citadel and Lowndes Grove, while remaining conveniently located to King St, eateries, stores, bars and pretty marsh vistas.
The 'Grand Millennial' combines the classic Charleston aesthetic with modern amenities in a gorgeously curated 2 bedroom & 1.5 bath space. The vibrant colors and vintage-inspired furnishings are inspired by traditional "enormous millennial" design and aim to provide guests with a boutique stay experience!
This 2 story duplex home offers guests private entrances/exits, a private driveway, private porch/walkway and backyard space. The first floor has a roomy living and dining area, a half bath (located off the dining room), and a completely equipped kitchen (4-burner gas stove, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, Keurig and basic cooking/kitchenware).
Both bedrooms & full bathroom are located on the 2nd floor, providing a private and peaceful feel separate from the living space. The primary bedroom is furnished with a king sized bed, desk/vanity, nightstands and a cavernous walk-in closet. The 2nd bedroom is furnished with two full size beds, nightstand, full length mirror and 2 individual sizable closets, providing plenty of space.
Guests have full and private access to the entire rental unit, located on the right side of the duplex. Additionally, guests have a private driveway, private porch access, and plenty of complimentary street parking space located directly out front of the property.
Wagener Terrace is conveniently located on the Downtown peninsula just steps from Hampton Park, The Citadel, Lowndes Grove and the handsome marsh. It is a rather, laid-back neighborhood that's located just 5-6 blocks away from King St! We have many eateries within walking distance and are just a fast bicycle ride or Uber to everything on the peninsula! All 3 of the Charleston beaches are within a 20 min drive, with simple access to both Mount Pleasant and West Ashley! There is a bicycle rental station conveniently located in Hampton Park.
Walk, Bicycle, Drive, Uber, Lyft, Golf Cart.
The Grand Millennial has a private driveway for guests, as well as plenty of complimentary street parking directly in front of the property.
Other Things to Note:
This is a legally licensed property approved by the City of Charleston.
Included with each stay:
* High-Speed Wifi
* Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
* Bath Conveniences (Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, lotion, cotton swabs, make-up remover)
* Hair Dryer and Clothing Steamer
* Bath Towels/Bed Linens
* Basic Cooking/Kitchenware
* Sound Machines in each bedroom
* Brita water filter (located in refrigerator)
* First Aid Kit
NO SMOKING in or on the property please. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Firearms are not allowed.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring homes. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
No family pets allowed.
If you have a 5th guest, please contact us to further discuss the space.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Interaction with Guests:
I want every guest to have a grand experience! Please feel complimentary to reach out to me with any questions you may have! I am happy to help discuss itineraries or offer recommendations/contacts for any activities you wish to plan!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Wagener Terrace, a neighborhood in Charleston. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Hampton Park reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Getting the most from your rental budget:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To get the best vacation home within your budget, we highly recommend reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at Charleston area restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and choose the perfectvacation home:
- Begin by choosing your the best vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. The Grand Millennial in Downtown Charleston has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed types is normally available online. Otherwise, email the host before booking the home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Does your family require unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the best rental.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Tips for a great stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Note any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property a final time and scan for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the host is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on good reviews to drive more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- The Citadel - 0.3 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 1.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.8 miles