About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: 02330
Our roomy 2nd & 3rd-floor condo, ‘The Charleston’, is ideal for groups of 6-8 guests with 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it's own entrance/exit, and up (exterior & interior) stairs, The Charleston features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Dining table with 6 seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings. A King and a Queen bedroom are located on the main level (2nd Floor) level, with one full bathroom. Two guest rooms are located upstairs (3rd Floor) along with two more full bathrooms. One guest room offers a Queen bed and the other with two Twin beds. Entirely equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located on the main level (2nd floor). This unit also features a gorgeous private balcony seating area.
Guests will have exclusive access to the top two floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to savor while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square, while American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Get the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best rental within budget, we strongly suggest reserving in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities.
- The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your vacation home up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Some hosts and property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning, picking, and booking a perfectrental:
- First, have your group commit to a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. The Charleston by StayDuvet!
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is normally available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before you book the vacation home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You will need to establish what configuration is best for your trip.
- If there's a certain Charleston area attraction you long to visit, keep an eye out for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or charges may be applied to your agreement.
Have a fantastic stay:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent lots of problems.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are often an excellent resource to find the best local beaches.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property when you are out, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to inspire new reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles