About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 03045
Walk everywhere from this impressive historic midtown home that is in Cannonborough, one of downtown’s hottest neighborhoods. Eateries, coffee stores, yoga studios, shopping and 3 college campuses all within walking distance. And just a short drive to the pristine beaches of Sullivan’s Island and Isle of Palms!
This first-floor apartment is roughly 1400 square feet and is sizable enough for 4 people to comfortably savor but rather comfortable if there’s only 2 of you!
The tree-lined street is peaceful (which means you’ll have a great nighttime’s sleep), but 4 blocks from King Street, where you’ll find the buzz of cafes, eateries, galleries, shopping and vibrant nighttime-life.
Unlike many downtown properties, this property comes with 2 off-street parking spaces. You’ll never have to anxiety about finding or paying for a place to park.
The kitchen is completely equipped for when your wallet needs a break from sampling all of Charleston’s world-class eateries and bars. If you don’t want to brew up the Charleston roasted coffee that is supplied for you, just meander across the street to 132 Spring Cafe (or other coffee stores) to appreciate local coffees and baked goods.
The enormous dining area is open to the living room and kitchen, ideal for family game nights or lingering after your home-cooked meals. We hope you enjoy the original artwork throughout the home, it is decorated with the owner's work and handsome antique furnishings.
The two bedrooms are located towards the back for the unit with one king bed and one queen bed. The king room features an ensuite bathroom that also opens to the kitchen and also features a washer/dryer. There is also a full bath in the hall for the queen bedroom to use as well.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull 1-2 cars off the street and into a driveway, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to enjoy while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have included laundry detergent for your convenience.
Bag drop included through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Consider Historic Rice Mill for a night out or Charleston Museum if you're traveling with kids.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Rental home tips:
Finding the best rental home value:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer time is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, consider shifting your group's trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months.
- Some hosts and property managers offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your family.
- Booking websites usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which often include special deals, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your Search:
- Select a group leader, select your dates, and choose a budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. The Artist's Atelier by StayDuvet! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property management company before you reserve the rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Some things to know before you go:
- Get the owner's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent many problems.
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- At Check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be respectful. Often, surrounding homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great feedback to drive new bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles