- As low as $1,639/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Private pool
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Welcome to Haven, an AvantStay home!
A beachfront gem located on the Atlantic coast just a short drive from downtown Charleston. Gather all your guests for dinner with a view overlooking the water, then grab a mint julep and walk from the entirely furnished wrap-around porch to the pool or to the sand, where you’ll find a secluded set-up to kick back by the ocean. Blending modern bungalow chic with a traditional Southern style, this beach home features light-filled interiors that promise showstopping sunsets and plenty of lounge space to relax after a day of surfing. Don’t miss a chance to recharge under the stars from the rooftop balcony. Dive into all Charleston has to offer with AvantStay.
Nearby Attractions: Isle of Palms Beach, Barrier Island Ecotours, Deep Water Vineyard, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Charleston Fun Park, Mount Pleasant Town Centre, Tidalwave Watersports, Fly In Helicopter Tours, Cafe Paname.Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine!
Charleston should be on everybody’s bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you’ll ever have. Whether it’s walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston’s 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to numerous striking beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Please note that this property is only available for a three-nighttime minimum stay.
- Fireplace is inoperable and not available for guest use.
- We allow service animals at this home. If undisclosed family pets are brought into the home without AvantStay's approval there is a fine of $500 per pet.
- Guests will be required to provide car details and sign the Sullivan's Island Guest Addendum prior to check-in.
- Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
- This home does not offer pool heat.
- Please note that garden maintenance takes place every Thursday or Friday.
- There is a dangerous drop-off adjacent to the beach behind home. Guests MUST use the path and keep away from the edge to safely access it. Directions: enter the path from the backyard, go left, and walk about 30 ft. until you reach the beach.
- This is NOT a swimming beach due to the riptide.
- Please be aware that palmetto bugs (commonly identified as cockroaches) are common in the southeast and are very prevalent in the early winter and early summer months.
- Please note our occupancy includes an additional two beyond bed count. Trifold floor beds and additional linens can be supplied upon request.
- Beach chairs are not supplied at this property, please reach out to AvantStay to rent beach chairs/umbrellas.
Space for 6 cars to park on site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / Bunkbed w/ trundle
Bedroom 4 / Two twin beds
Bedroom 5 / King bed
Bedroom 6 / King bed
Accidental Damage Protection: A non-returnable accidental damage protection plan has been included in the price of your reservation. Under this plan, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your event up to $2000. This plan does not cover intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence, or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets. This plan is not available for reservations 28 days or longer or reservations that require a security deposit.
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
Licensed vacation rental by Town of Sullivan's Island
About the Area
Located in Sullivan's Island, this villa is on the beach. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Charleston Lighthouse are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Tolers Cove Marina. Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
How to get the best Sullivans Island vacation rental experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a Sullivans Island rental home:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal SC. Booking in the Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property managers frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have discounts for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Begin by selecting trip dates and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Haven by AvantStay
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking websites. If not, contact the host before reserving the rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Some rentals allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about your furry family members before booking.
Advice for a great stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific source for finding the best local beaches and restaurants.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Re-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property one final time and scan for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to propel new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your review find their best vacation home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.