About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1850 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Stay at our attractively modernized flagship property under The Dunes brand! We acquired this 1905 Charleston Victorian home in the heart of Cannonborough in September 2019 and completely remodeled it with professional interior design finished in March 2021. Just 2 blocks from King Street, this property features nearly 1850 square feet of ideally designed space. The front home offers 3 full-sized bedrooms with two king beds and one queen bed, 2.5 bathrooms, a full couch bed, and a twin day bed.
Sea Glass Manor at the Dunes on Spring is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2021-01624 and business license BL019338.
The 3-bedroom front unit is 1850 square feet with 3 bedrooms (2 king beds and 1 queen) and 2.5 bathrooms, as well as a dining room with day bed and living room with a queen couch bed. The kitchen comes equipped with new refrigerator and dishwasher and a gas range that is ideal for cooking and entertaining. Spend your days appreciating all that Charleston has to offer and your evenings calming on the cavernous front porch equipped with a porch swing or the private back porch!
Private, off-street parking in driveway, which fits 3 cars back-to-back.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
No events and events are allowed at this property.
Guests will have access to the front property (Unit A) and will have all of the essentials you need during your stay. There are three parking spaces available back-to-back in the paved oyster shell driveway in the rear of the building. Please let us know if you need additional parking.
The home is located in the heart of the striking and trendy Cannonborough district of Downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun and or relaxing vacation. Popular dining spots include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Five Loaves, R Kitchen, Estadio, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. The home is mins. to the very trendy Upper King Street district where you will find a multitude of great stores, book stores, and fashion stores - as well as extraordinary eateries!
The driveway will comfortably fit three cars back-to-back.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are enjoying yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that this property does contain external security cameras at the driveway and entryways for your protection.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Joseph Manigault House are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston area vacation rental tips:
When to book a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can book, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are reserved very early. Reserving your rental property up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is a great way to save on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which will include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to select the best rental:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group needs. C.1905 Victorian Renovated Home
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. If not, reach out to the property management company before you reserve your home. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to establish what bed configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask your host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Visiting for a single event? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
Tips to have a smooth stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Protect your property!
- To ensure that damages aren't linked to your family's visit, make a record of any problem areas during arrival. E-mail the rental manager immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a great vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles