- As low as $195/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Dining room
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Absolutely no smoking under any conditions.
- Outdoor furniture
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2600 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
We have lovingly restored our impressive 1870 Victorian home located in Charleston's coveted Historic Downtown and newly added a brand new gourmet kitchen. We have a downstairs parlor and an upstairs living area as is customary in the south. Upstairs features three bedrooms and there are two full bathrooms in the home. There are four fireplaces in the home, tennis courts just down the street and a playground around the corner. We look out over a park and are two blocks from the harbor. Sip some tea on either the front porch or have lunch on the back porch looking out over the sizable backyard gardens with a grassy area and a alluring Italian pergola covered in wisteria, roses and gardenias. We are an allergy-complimentary home and have no family pets or smoking here.
We are in the ideal location to walk (or bicycle) to all the historic landmarks downtown - famed Rainbow Row, grandiose antebellum homes of the Battery, the Old Exchange, Pineapple Fountain, museums, harbor, market, etc. We are also walkable to the shopping and the many great eateries that Charleston is known for. Or perhaps you feel like grilling on either the gas or Weber charcoal grilles on the back porch while calming and appreciating the handsome garden while the kiddos play in the grassy yard. The home is just a short drive to the elegant beaches and plantations. Travel +Leisure has named Charleston the #1 City in the United States and the #2 City in the World five years in a row and when you arrive - you'll see why. Charleston has it all - handsome white sand beaches, striking plantation homes with ancient oaks lining the drive, cobblestone streets and more. Time moves differently here and we welcome you to sit back and savor our southern hospitality! Please note - this home is available for monthly units only.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Splash Zone Waterpark and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Charleston area rental experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Book your vacation home in the Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies often offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and pick the perfect Charleston area vacation home:
- Select vacation week and spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration you need. Quintessential Victorian Charmer in Heart of Charleston's Historic Downtown has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is normally accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email the property management company before you book the property. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you are crazy about, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Pet fees or costs applied to your agreement.
More considerations for your visit:
- Put the owner's information in your smartphone.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's visit, inspect the property for any problem areas upon check in. Speak to the host immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disagreeable vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a excellent time? Most rental management companies make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.3 miles
- City Marina - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 0.8 miles
Ready to book Quintessential Victorian Charmer in Heart of Charleston's Historic Downtown?Book Online Get Information Call: