- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Coffee grinder
- Dining room
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Absolutely no smoking under any conditions.
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2600 sq ft (242 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2600 square feet
We have lovingly restored our striking 1870 Victorian home located in Charleston's coveted Historic Downtown and newly added a brand new gourmet kitchen. We have a downstairs parlor and an upstairs living area as is customary in the south. Upstairs features three bedrooms and there are two full bathrooms in the home. There are four fireplaces in the home, tennis courts just down the street and a playground around the corner. We look out over a park and are two blocks from the harbor. Sip some tea on either the front porch or have lunch on the back porch looking out over the enormous backyard gardens with a grassy area and a splendid Italian pergola covered in wisteria, roses and gardenias. We are an allergy-complimentary home and have no family pets or smoking here.
We are in the ideal location to walk (or bicycle) to all the historic landmarks downtown - famed Rainbow Row, sizable antebellum homes of the Battery, the Old Exchange, Pineapple Fountain, museums, harbor, market, etc. We are also walkable to the shopping and the many great eateries that Charleston is known for. Or perhaps you feel like grilling on either the gas or Weber charcoal grilles on the back porch while calming and appreciating the beautiful garden while the kiddos play in the grassy yard. The home is just a short drive to the elegant beaches and plantations. Travel +Leisure has named Charleston the #1 City in the United States and the #2 City in the World five years in a row and when you arrive - you'll see why. Charleston has it all - pretty white sand beaches, impressive plantation homes with ancient oaks lining the drive, cobblestone streets and more. Time moves differently here and we welcome you to sit back and savor our southern hospitality! Please note - this home is available for monthly units only.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Historic Rice Mill and American Theater are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips:
Find your perfect rental home:
- The sooner your group can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. Booking in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager whether your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select your vacation week and budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Quintessential Victorian Charmer in Heart of Charleston's Historic Downtown has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before booking the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds. You will need to determine what bed configuration is right for your vacation group.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs applied to your agreement.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you are enamored with, browse rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Document any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be valuable if a dispute arises.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Remember to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the property a final time and look for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property managers rely on great reviews to inspire future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.3 miles
- City Marina - 0.4 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles