- As low as $439/Week
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1130 sq ft (105 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02743
Our roomy 2nd floor home is ideal for groups of 6-8 guests (an air bed can be made available upon request for an additional guest or 2) with 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths. Located by the corner of Coming & Cannon streets, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by its own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, the property features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or appreciate a meal. Breakfast bar with 4 seats and living room with high vaulted ceilings.
Guests will have exclusive access to this unit during their stay. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull two cars off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the finest eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
Our Housekeeping Team members clean and sanitize all hard surfaces of our vacation homes, including but not limited to floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, and light switches. The quality of disinfectants we use should remove 100 percent of the microscopic organisms on surfaces, and effectively stop the spread of disease and viruses. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our linen facility. There is no evidence to suggest that this particular coronavirus will survive the wash chemistry and temperatures in the wash and dry process. All soiled linens are treated as if they are contaminated.
Our housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices at all times. With the combination of these best practices, our employees, clients, and guests should be safe from the spread of coronavirus.
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional tourism guides with deals for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak pricing.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rentals are practically catered to specific clients, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed due to medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to learn how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and working experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
We've assembled a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
How to find and book the best vacation rental:
Do you believe "Emerald House by StayDuvet | 2 Blocks to King!" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To assure the best selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Consensus can be tough between family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Determine the price for your preferred week. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each party understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental property with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be beachfront, in town, or close to night life? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Occasionally the older generation has challenges with stairways. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Do not forget to include your companion! Although quite a few rental homes permit furry friends, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. A number of constraints may eliminate a prospective rental. Study your contract carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from offering exceptional properties, local companies provide exceptional service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the full agreement and make sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal hospital emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Be respectful of the community. Many times, nearby properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental? Many rental home management companies and rental home sites permit customers to provide comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
How did they feel about the property? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you're excited to reserve the same rental for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles