- As low as $210/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located on a corner lot in the heart of Wagener Terrace, this gorgeous, circa 1930's era 3 Bedroom/2 Bath home, NEWLY RENOVATED in JULY 2023, offers bright, modern interiors and an ideal location just blocks from the Hampton Park, the Ashley River, and fashionable local eateries. Hampton Grove is the downstairs unit of a home that has been thoughtfully reimagined to accommodate 2 separate, roomy units with a shared entry for entry, and offers all-on-one-floor living. A comfortable porch invites you to relax with a glass of iced tea or beverages at happy hour. The cavernous eat-in kitchen is a prepare's dream with gas range, generous countertop space and upsized island that seats three, plus a dining table that seats six. Wood floors, quartzite countertops, ample storage, a center island, elegant finishes and great natural light are some highlighted features of the kitchen. The living room offers cozy seating, a desk area for remote work and a intelligent, flat screen TV for streaming your favorite shows.
Not only does Hampton Grove offer 3 bedrooms and 2 baths but the climate-controlled sunroom with a separate door can be an office, reading room, or 4th bedroom as needed. This striking sunroom is lined with walls of windows, and with a TWIN daybed that is the ideal spot to curl up with a book. The sunlit primary bedroom is appointed with a KING bed, along with an en suite bathroom with Carrera granite tile floors and bespoke step-in shower with glass enclosure and brass Waterworks plumbing fixtures. Two additional bedrooms share a impressive hall bath with combined tub/shower. One bedroom is furnished with a KING bed and the other, with constructed-in bookcases and show-stopping wallpaper, is furnished with a QUEEN bed.
Hampton Grove is 3 blocks from the striking 60-acre Hampton Park – the biggest park on the downtown Peninsula – which includes a man-made lake, fountains, gazebos, a 1-mile walking loop, and many old oak and magnolia trees. This fantastic Wagener Terrace location means you are less than 15 min. walk to the following eateries and attractions: Herd Provisions, Park & Grove cafe, Rodney Scott BBQ, Moe's Crosstown Tavern, Huriyali Gardens, Harbinger Cafe, Renzo Pizza, Berkeley's, Harold's Cabin, Redux Art Center, and the Citadel and Citadel Museum which also includes a Chick-fil-a and Starbucks accessible to the public.
Additionally, from this magnificant location you are just a 15 min. bicycle ride or 8 min. car ride to historic downtown Charleston, 3 blocks to the Ashley River – walk west in the evening for vistas of the river at sunset, and just 4 blocks from handsome Lowndes Grove plantation.
Features of Hampton Grove to enhance your stay include:
3 BR/2 BA unit totals 1700 sqft with a 335 sqft porch
House has 3 just steps to entry and includes grab bars in all the bathrooms for support
Ceilings are 8 ft 3 inches tall with plaster walls and original Charleston “picture molding”
Living room and QUEEN bedroom both include a desk & workspace area
All bedrooms are equipped with cord-complimentary pull-down blackout cloth blinds
All bedrooms have remote control fans with multiple speeds and dimmer switches for the lights
Kitchen cabinetry includes soft-closing drawers for convenient storage and open shelving for simple access
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll savor high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$50 Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Hampton Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the perfect rental experience:
When to book a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- To find the best value, try shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer great weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- Some owners offer special rates for active duty military and veterans. Ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
How to choose the best vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- Select a designated group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Bright, Modern Interiors, Walk to Hampton Park has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly accessible online. If not, contact the property management company before reserving the vacation home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property manager about pet restrictions before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you love, look for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking
Advice for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your stay, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Make contact with the rental manager immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your peace. Apply the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just prior to departing, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to stimulate more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your feedback find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- The Citadel - 0.3 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.6 miles
- City Marina - 1.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.8 miles