- As low as $155/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 11
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Pet friendly
- Private pool
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 3061 sq ft (284 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 11
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 3061 square feet
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Originally constructed in 1919, this updated country estate is located ideally in the adorable town, Meggett, a suburb of Charleston. Appreciate sweeping vistas and fun entertainment with your fast access to the Wadmalaw River. Venture over to the city's close by downtown for a impressive day of walking on the cobblestone streets, riding in a horse-drawn carriage, and indulging in the ever-growing food scene. Right from the comfort of your stay, delight in being able to soak up the South Carolina sunshine while dipping into the private pool surrounded by a refined and handsome backyard.
First approaching the estate, you will be greeted by the true essence of southern appeal. With its wrap-around porch, mature landscaping, and striking overall curb appeal, this home is really one of a kind! The front door is original from 1919 and sets the home's tone, which you will discover while walking through the rest of its rooms. Rooms are airy, light-filled, and attractively decorated. The main level features multiple sitting rooms, all with plush furnishings and plenty of natural light. A chef's dream kitchen comes equipped with modern appliances, ample counter space, and a second prep kitchen, with a private washer/dryer.
Head upstairs and discover charming bedrooms and bathrooms. The true attention to detail and adore this home has received over the years is clear in every piece of decor, the wallpaper, and the elegant wood floor. A enormous soaking tub and an equally impressive walk-in shower are the ideal space for you to relax and relax after a day of exploring historic Charleston. Rest assured that everybody in your group will get a good nighttime's rest with the home's central air-conditioning, and ample sprawling space to call their own.
The living space only continues outdoors as you appreciate the wraparound porch, professionally landscaped yard, an enormous pool, and an impressive outdoor kitchen. The opportunities for gathering, memory-making, and entertainment don't fall short here. Savor immaculate wildlife viewing from the shared pavilion, which leads you to dock access, where opportunities for boating, kayaking, and fishing are ample.
Every little piece of charm and history woven into this gorgeous stay will prompt you to come again, year after year.
THINGS TO KNOW
Fireplaces are not for guests' use.
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina LLC.
If you are bringing a dog on your trip, the nightly pet fee is already supplied in your quote when selecting 'Yes' to family pets. If you would like to add more dogs, please contact us. The $20 nightly fee will apply for each additional dog.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking for 4 cars.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 25 years of age to book. Guests under 25 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
State/province permit number: 112864945
About the Area
Located in Meggett, this vacation home is on the waterfront. Gullah Geechee Exhibit & Borough Project and With These Hands Gallery are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include The Resort Shop and Edisto Island Serpentarium. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation home experience:
How to get the best value:
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To get the best value, consider shifting your trip dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm weather, , and reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Some owners offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies often offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
How to choose and book your prefect Charleston area vacation home:
- Select your vacation dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your group requires. Historic charmer with private pool, outdoor kitchen. wrap-around porch, & dock has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is normally available online. If you don't see them listed, call the property manager before booking the rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about pet restrictions before booking.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you are crazy about, look for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
More tips for your stay:
- Get the owner's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're away. Protect your property!
- During arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a terrific resource to find the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all of your things. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can. If the host isn't available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Many rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Firefly Distillery and Irvin Vineyards - 5.0 miles
- Firefly Distillery and Irvin Vineyards - 5.0 miles